Chapter 22

I come into his living room in yesterday's wrinkled clothes. The clothes are little more snug but I don't think I look to bad. I think I've been here longer then I should've.

He bites into an apple, "Leaving already?"

"I am. I have to get home." I rock on my heels, "Do you want to take me home?"

He nods, "Yeah."

Together we leave the house. When we enter the lobby. The lady behind the desk hangs up the phone.

"Hey girl! Will you be back?"

I chuckle, "Uh not today."

"Okay well let me know when you coming over okay? Bye baby!"

"Bye!" I reply. Zayn holds the door for me and I walk out with him. He digs into his pockets fetching his box of cigarettes.

"Avery why does she like you?"

"Wow." I laugh. I know he didn't mean it to hurt my feelings. He just didn't get the words out right. I totally know what he meant.

He clamps his eyes shut, "Shit. I didn't mean it that way."

"I bought her some peanut chews."

"She doesn't like any of the people in our building." He raises the cigarette to his lips. Then puts it back in the box. Which is odd I've never seen him do that. I look at him quizzically.

"You put it back?"

"Yea. I didn't feel like smoking right now." He sucks at his lips which either means he wants to say something or he's thinking about saying something. I've come to notice.

"What's up?"

"There is a party I'm going to tonight...I was wondering if you'd want to go."

"A party?"

He starts rambling, "I know your underage and you can't-" Ugh way to throw my age in there. Doing that only makes me want to prove myself. Dick move Zayn.

"Yea sure what time?"

"Midnight."

I laugh to myself, "Yea definitely. Will you be picking me up?"

"Yeah, and this is my friend's party."

"Aman?"

"No a different one." I start to get a little giddy. That's a sign isn't it. You meet his friends. I have to dress really hot if I'm going to be meeting some older guys tonight.

Wait. Today is Sunday. I have school on Monday. Am I crazy? I look up at the smile he wears. Yea I'm crazy because I'm so doing this.

(•_•)

We reach my apartment and before leaving Zayn, I kiss his cheek. I don't stay to leave him time to ask questions. I just kiss his cheek and head inside.

"Hey Mr. Bryan. Is he still out there?"

"Yes."

"How does he look?"

"Stunned Ms. Avery."

I smirk and push the button to the elevator. I turn back to the glass door and give him a wave. He waves back and walks away. I get into the elevator and start planning what to say to my mom. She will most likely freak but if I come with all my story it'll be fine. I can just say I fell asleep watching a movie. Since the rain didn't look like it was going to stop I just decided to stay over. Something like that.

I open the door to an empty house.

"Mom! Dad! Anybody home?" Kibble runs into the room and I lift her up. "Is it just you here girl?"