Chapter 30

He stops in front of my door, "I haven't made us official. I'm going to do it better."

I smirk, "Is it going to be like romantic? If not that's cool with me." Just having him as my boyfriend will be great. I mean look at him, he'll be mine.

He leans in kissing me again and stepping back. He looks through the glass door at the building. I realize I seem to have lost my manners.

"Do you want to come in? My parents are out right now."

"Uh sure." He says a little hesitant but I think he also sounds a little relieved. He follows me inside I say a quick hello to the bell hop. He returns it, Zayn says nothing just getting on the elevator.

I bring him inside and Chen comes from the kitchen hollering. Oh boy!

"Avry! You are late! No call Yo I will be out." Zayn smirks beside me probably thinking she's using slang words. I shake my head at him and he stifles his laugh. Chen notices the guy standing beside me she dusts off her apron.

"Who is this?"

"Chen Yo, this is the guy I've been talking to you about."

She nods, "He is a man Avery." He presses his lips together and glances over at me. I shrug and Chen smiles.

"Where are my manners. I am Chen Yo a pleasure to meet you boy."

"His name is Zayn."

"Nice to meet you Chen." He smiles taking her hand. Chen gushes at me and pulls her hand back.

"Go 'head have fun. I will make dinner." She leaves us and I bite on my lip. That's not exactly how I expected that meeting to go.

He bites on his lip and cracks a smile, "I should go. I'll see you tomorrow." I nod and walk him to the door. I stand out in the hall as he waits on the elevator. As I watch him leave my mind questions it all. Should I really be doing this? I watch as he steps inside. I wave one last time.

Just before I can completely shut the door my parents come off the other elevator. I almost freak but instead I decide to keep my cool. My mother looks at my dad shaking her head.

"No I think if we leave tonight we'll be able to get better sleep and you can wake up and rehearse."

My dad shrugs, "I want to see my girl on the morning of her birthday."

Just at my mention I but in, "I thought I heard you guys coming. Hurry up inside, I only get to see you guys tonight before I'm officially eighteen!"

(•_•)

Zayn pushes on the door before I can make my way out of it. He holds onto the tip of my shirt pulling me back. He stares down at me lustfully and kisses me. His lips playing with mine with a soft passionate hungry feeling. The taste of nicotine is on his tongue.

Making out in an art classroom's closet so conspicuous. I feel him smiling in the kiss and I pull back catching my breath. The buzzing in my fingers makes me feel a pang of guilt and excitement.

"Zayn, maybe we shouldn't..."

"It's your birthday, do you want to stop?"

"No. I don't want to stop." He deepens the kiss bringing my body closer to his. His fingers tangling themselves in my hair. His soft palms on my cheeks. I can feel the cool spot of his silver skull ring on my flesh. Then the temperature in the room rises instantly. I feel as though I'm surrounded by fire.

I pant in our kiss and he stops rubbing at my cheek, "Avery?"

"We should get back people will start to wonder what we're doing." He doesn't say anything. He takes the box of supplies I came in to get originally. He uses his boot to hold the door open. I follow behind him with my skin feeling blotchy and irritated. I feel a tap on my arm and my eyes flutter open. It was just a dream? Oh god.

Zayn kneels down to my level. "Avery are you okay?" He whispers.

"Yes." I lie. "It's just really hot."

"You were sleeping." He chuckles. I force a smile and he stands returning to Mr. Ray's desk.

(•_•)

After class ends I leave the room quickly and run into Wyatt. He looks me over clearly holding back some snarky comment. He looks pissed off.

"Are you alright?" I ask.

"I could ask you the same thing." He mumbles under his breath.

I shift on my feet. Maybe I don't feel too hot but it's just because an old memory has stained what should've been a joyful moment. Zayn probably thinks I'm crazy. Ugh, I should tell him. We've started this thing and we have that date tonight. I'll tell him tonight and just let it out.

Wyatt snaps in my face, "Come back to me Ave." I snap out of it and look at him apologetically.

"Sorry, so what's got your briefs in a twist?" He raises a brow scolding me as if to say what do you think? I instantly know it has something to do with Cas. He turns and of course Cassidy is standing at her locker with France.

"He asked her out and she said yes."

"Oh wow." I nip at my lip, "Sorry."

He rolls his eyes, "It's whatever what are you doing tonight?"

"I told you it's my birthday."

He nods, "Right you told me at lunch. Now I have to watch her ogle with this tool." He shakes his head, "Why can't she see what I'm trying to do for her?"

"Maybe she's not ready to try again. I'm pretty sure she can see. Any girl can see what your doing for her." He runs his hands through his long hair. He licks his lips and tucks his hair behind his ear. "Do you want to hang out?"

I feel bad for him. He really likes Cassidy and because of his previous infidelity he's stuck in the friendzone. "Sure." I just hope he isn't around when I have to go out with Zayn tonight.

I walk outside and hurry over to the bus booth. Before I actually reach it a man takes my hand and my waist turning me. My eyes come into contact with Zayn's brown ones.

"Oh. Zayn you scared me."

He lifts my chin and looks between both of my eyes. He releases my chin and lets out a breath.

"What happened earlier?"

"When?" I ask playing dumb.

"Avery, what happened after you woke up?" I bite on my lip just figuring if I wait long enough the bus will come and stop this conversation. He scolds me when I stand on the tip of my sneakers trying to search for the bus.

"Avery."

I let out a breath, "Zayn I just had a really...heated dream...about you, us."

He smirks then starts laughing. I roll my eyes and he starts snickering. He clears his throat saying a quick sorry. Then he laughs again.

"How heated?"

I shake my head embarrassed. "Zayn."

He laughs, "I mean you woke up-" I stopped him from speaking any further by covering his mouth. I move my hand he laughs again. The bus screeches in front of us and he laces his fingers in mine. I walk on the bus first and he follows close behind.

"I like that you dream about me." He says to me after we take our seat.

It's better then dreaming of flames.

He smiles, "I am going to take care of you today. I have birthday plans for you. It'll be the best you ever had."

I smile cunningly, "Okay. Amaze me."