Chapter 35

He sits beside me on the brick wall. His complex looks pale in his green shirt and torn blue skinny jeans. He holds onto my waist as he laughs at my stupidity. After a moments pause he breathes out and stares at me.

"I really think you are beautiful Avery."

Avree, I love the way he says my name. It makes me wish I never had to hear anyone else say it.

"Thank you Zayn. I think you're beautiful too." He chuckles shaking his head.

"You always call me beautiful like I'm some girl or sumot. Like. I'm a guy."

I laugh a little, "Because to call you cute or hot is an understatement."

"Sexy is a word you know." He tells me with a smirk on his lips. I nod remembering the word. "So uh I was thinking."

"What were you thinking?"

"Since you met my mum and come Friday they want you to meet my family...I think its only right that I meet your family."

He said family so cute it was more like famly. Wait, he wants to meet my famly. I bite on my lip not sure how to tell him no. I mean if he meets my mom she might kill me. She'll have even more trust issues. She'll never believe anything I say.

"Avery?"

I shake my head, "What?" He says looking me over.

"I don't think so." I mutter.

"Avery your not making sense."

"I don't think you should meet my family."

"Why the hell not?"

I want to say because I have rules put on me. I just got out of a rough relationship and I get too attached. But no that's not why. It's because my mom is not ready for me to be in a relationship.

"Avery we want this to be open we need your mom to be okay with it. As long as she's okay with it it's okay. And it's allowed legally. Don't worry about whatever your worried about. If it's me I'll be on my best behavior." He added this smile that made him look so cute.

Reluctantly I agree.

I stand and Zayn kicks at the back of my knee making me topple to the ground. He smiles suppressing his laughter.

"Oupsy Daisy." He says.

I turn to kick him he laughs grabbing at my foot. I fall on top of him and the breath nearly gets knocked out of him. He and I break out into laughter. Until someone calls for me.

"Avery are you back here?" A voice I know too well. I look up at Zayn who is looking over the ferns to see the owner.

"Zayn do you want to go hide?" I whisper.

"Why who is it?" He asks whispering. "If it's your mom I'm not hiding." But as I start pushing Zayn trying to hide him Cass and Wyatt walk into view.

"Avery what are you doing to the poor guy?" Cass asks concern evident behind her thick framed glasses. Clearly she can't tell who it is...yet.

Zayn shuts his eyes and I look down at my friends who I hadn't told I was even in a relationship. Zayn put his hand in his hair making it fall into his face. Great now he wants to hide.

I smile, "I was trying to hide him."

Wyatt chuckles, "Uh huh, um yeah............why?"

"Because..." I say letting that float in the air. I smile a big smile as I try to come up with at least a decent lie.

"Wait. Mr. Malik?" Wyatt recognizes. Making Cassidy push on the brim of her glasses. She looks harder and nods.

"That is him. Mr. Malik?"

Zayn looks up at me and then down at them. He doesn't say a word. He just looks at them and back at me. I look at them and back at Zayn. Wyatt being who he is puts two and two together.

"Are you two a thing...your a thing."

Cassidy smiles gushing, "But aren't you her teacher. Are you a teacher. You never even teach."

Wyatt nodded, "More like a monitor."

Cassidy still smiling, "No wonder why you always would stare at him from the lunch table."

And my cheeks uh please I could feel my entire face heating up. My smile growing exceedingly big as I blush. Zayn looks at me a smirk playing on his lips along with a mischievous stare.

Wyatt nods, "But what happened to Corwin? I assumed if you were with anyone it was him."

I noticeably felt Zayn tense up. And for some reason I liked it. Doesn't that mean he's jealous.

"Why would you think that?"

Cassidy says, "He always flirted with you. Plus that almost kiss when you confronted him. It was steamy and your lips never even touched."

Zayn's hands were gripping tight onto the brick wall. And my game was no longer fun. "Well no I am definitely not with a stuck up ass like Corwin."

Wyatt's chuckles fill the silence. Zayn has yet to speak and he is hardly moving. And it's getting to me a little. Why is he being so quiet and still?

"He's my boyfriend."

Cassidy shrugged, "If your happy so are we?" She nudges Wyatt making him nod. "See plus he can't be that much older. And he's hot..."

Wyatt tensed up beside Cass and Zayn perked up beside me a smirk playing on his lips. He is trying to control. This lug nut has no control.

Actually that would be me. I have no control. He has more control than I've got. Way more patience too.

Cassidy says, "Well your mom told us you were down here."

"My mom? She's home?"

"Well she answered the door. Told us that Chen told her you were down here and that this is where we could find you."

Oh my gosh. They could've easily been my mother. I would've been seen with this older guy who is my boyfriend after keeping in the good graces of my mom somewhat. She is never going to trust me or let me do anything after this.

Zayn looks at me, and this guy. He wants to meet her. He wants to be apart of my family craziness. I can't even begin to tell him.

I let out a sigh and force a smile. Though Zayn can see through it I put it on anyway.

"So what'd you guys come over for?"

Wyatt says, "Book or movie."

"I watch the movie and then read the book after this time?"

Cassidy says yes while Wyatt nods with a shrug looking down at Cassidy for the answer.

"Okay then let's head inside. I'll be right up with you guys." Getting the signal Cassidy pulls Wyatt by his shirt taking him back inside. Zayn looks me in the eyes but still doesn't speak.

"Cat got your tongue?" I say, my brow raised.

"What's going on in there?" He says tapping my skull. "I could see you. You were freaking out a bit up there."

"No I'm fine." I lie. "I should get with them get them up to see that movie. I'll call you though."

"Okay..." He says and kisses me on the lips. He jumps down of the bridge and is quick to take my waist and lift me up and put me on the ground.

"Thank you." I gush.

"Anything for the misses."