Chapter 13

I sit patiently at the bus stop. This time I wore my own black shorts. I don't need what happened last time to happen again. I lean back onto the wall of the bus stop booth.

The thoughts of last night creep back into my membrane. I have feelings for this mysterious guy. I won't pretend that I'm not sure of my feelings. You wouldn't think of him as perfection if you didn't have feelings for him. I'll just need to make sure I'm mentally ready to start something like this over.

The last relationship I had wasn't at all healthy. Blane. Tall robust and blonde. He was a sweetheart in public and when he was alone with his friends he was this daring, adventurous, exciting guy. I was enticed by him. Everything he did I loved. He was my addiction. He was my downfall.

Zayn approaches with his addiction between his lips. He took it from between his lips with a smirk.

"Your here early."

"Don't want you fighting bus drivers for me so I'm getting up a little earlier." I am joking but I really don't want him to do that. He chuckles not bothering to take a seat.

I notice the bags clear under his eyes. Every time he raises the cigarette to his lips he takes an even longer drag of it. His exhaustion is evident. He must've been working real late. It was late when he said he had to get to work.

"You look like hell." I admit. "Not bad but you know but..."

"Exhausted?" He finishes my sentence.

"Yeah. How late were you up working?"

"I didn't get off until about like maybe three hours ago?" He presses his fingers to his temple. "I'm just tired."

"Why don't you stay home then?"

"I have a class to not teach." He finally takes a seat beside me and he's closer then normal. Normally there's enough space that I could place my text books in between us.

"Right. Well I hope you feel better." I say it sincerely and his lips curl up into smile. The brown of his irises are almost hazel.

"Me too. I have a date tonight that I really don't want to miss."

I nip at the inside of mouth, "Oh you have a date?" His eyebrows pinch at the centers. I go on to say, "Me too. It's with this really hot guy. You might know him."

Zayn shakes his head scratching at his chin. He licks his lip and smiles, "No. No I don't think I know him." I smile big, he's playing along. "What's he like?"

"Oh he's a bit quiet but I think I can break him."

As he raises the cigarette to his lips he mutters, "I think you can too." He looks strait ahead not even seeing how big he just made me smile.

****

I have been stuck in these big classrooms staring at incomprehensible lessons on the board each period. I am going to have a brain combustion trying to keep all this in my head.

The bell sounds and Corwin meets me after I step into the hall. He grabs onto my backpack startling me.

"Oh hey Corwin." I tuck the loose strands of hair behind my ear. He looks into my eyes focusing on both of them.

"Hey Avery, where should I pick you up?" He crosses his arms over his chest. "I don't know where you live."

Oh but I have a date with Zayn. "Oh Corwin can we do that tomorrow? I'm kind of busy tonight."

He shoves his hands into his pockets, "I uh yeah we can do it tomorrow."

I feel bad for pushing it off. The way his face seemed to drop almost made me feel like a selfish jerk. I honestly just want to go on this date with Zayn tonight.