Chapter 23

Blane's POV

"I made a mistake! I made a mistake!" I shout into her window. The latter that use to be here isn't anymore. They moved the key from in the mail box. They even got rid of the fucking welcome mat.

"Avery baby! I'm sorry, can't we talk about this? Two weeks of not seeing you and not talking to you is killing me! I forgive you please just forgive me. God says forgiveness is-"

Their annoying ass neighbor shouts, "Kid! They are not home! Get out of here!"

"I can't, not until she talks to me!"

This car pulls up a man in a black suit and white hair. He comes over to me. "Are you trespassing?"

"No! My girlfriend lives here."

He laughs. Is he laughing at me? I grab onto the collar of his shirt. My teeth grind together and my jaw clenches.

"What's so funny?"

"Young man get your hands off of me."

I tighten my grip, "Are you laughing at me?"

"Yes I am. Being the idiot you are. You are standing outside your girlfriends house. But no one lives here. If I were you I'd stop calling you two a couple she's clearly moved on."

I let go of his shirt. I take my fingers through my hair. My jaw clenching. Why would she leave and not tell me? We love each other. I told them something was up. Carly didn't listen. She said they are probably just in that shitty house. No they aren't. I bet it was all her mother's idea. She always hated me with her daughter.

That bitch.

Avery's POV

I hold onto the mail and push the button in the elevator. She let me check the mail as we stand in the metal box. I look through and pass the mail to whoever's name is on the envelope.

"So my birthday is coming up at the end of the week. What are we doing?"

My dad reads over his mail, "Whatever you want to do honey it's your day."

"Last year we went to China. For Chen to introduce me to her family. By my wish. So where do you guys want to go?" My mom always wants to try a place by the islands. My dad is more of a trip on a boat. I just like traveling where I can do exotic things like bungee jump off of a mountain or sky diving.

My mom absentmindedly says, "Where ever you want Avery."

"Can I go alone if I want?"

"No. You know we don't like for you to travel alone. Maybe with that new friend of yours."

"Yeah? Will you guys pay for both tickets? I actually have a group of friends that might want to hang out."

My mom looks up from the paper she was reading, "Really? You have a group of friends?" We get off the elevator and start for the house.

"It's sort of new. But I guess yeah." I open the door, "Two of them are into reading books. It's all they talk about at lunch."

"How many people exactly?" My dad asks.

I shrug, "Maybe five or six?"

"Any of these friends fellas?" He asks.

"Of course." I smirk. "Cassidy, Wyatt, Aman, and Zayn."

"Two boys and three girls sounds fair."

I stifle my laugh, I'd rather them think that then be told no. I guess Aman can sound like a girl's name.

To no surprise my mom says, "I'll need to meet all of them of course."

"Uh okay but Zayn and Aman are kind of hard workers. They work a lot." It was flowing off my tongue and my dad seemed to like that they worked.

"That's a good crowd then. Book readers and workers. You don't do either of those things."

"I know."

Skeptically my mother says, "Yeah but I'd still like to meet them." I roll my eyes and drop the matter completely. I hadn't gotten the mail I've been looking for. So I go into the kitchen and grab myself some water to drink.

My mother slips out of her heels, "We will be a little busy this weekend. I have to accompany your father on his trip."

My dad throws up his hands, "A convention is coming up. You're welcome to come too."

I shrug, "No thanks remember what happened last time?" He shudders and takes a seat on the couch. Last time I went to the convention it was a convention about doing what you were too afraid to. I went with Blane and Blane asked me to marry him. My father stopped his speech to talk us out of it. Which is weird because he is practically the real life yes man.

Chen comes from the back, "Oh you are all home. Avery come cook dinner."

I laugh, "Why me?"

"Because it is my day off. I do no cooking I was ask to take care of Kibble not your family. Your mommy cook yesterday let's go. Your turn."

I move slowly off the couch. I hate cooking. When I come into the kitchen I read the ingredients out the open booklet. We have a booklet so we can try the different foods inside. That way we aren't eating the same things. I skin the shrimp. (Just taking off the shells) I mix ketchup, mustard, garlic, crushed peppers and water into a bowl. I add some ginger and stir it up.

While I cook my parents and Chen sit in the living room drinking whine. I smile down at Kibble.

"Hi girl. Are you hungry?"

I let the shrimps cook in the pan and start with Kibbles treats. After Kibble chows on her snack. I fetch myself a pudding cup and sit in the counter slurping it up.

My phone vibrates and I smile reading Zayn's name with all those emojis.

*Cant waitt to c u tonight or tomorrro mornin? Whatevs I can't wait to c u*

*Its totally midnight so either one wrks. And I can't wait to c u either! ;)*

The pan starts popping and I hop down from the counter and tend to the food.

(•_•)

After dinner we stayed up as a family just watching a movie in tv. My parents were snuggling up so I took that as a sign to head to bed.

"Goodnight guys." I told them.

"Goodnight honey." Dad smiled.

"Goodnight." My mom waved.

I put on my little black elastic dress. I put on my black socks unsure if I want to do Chucks or wedges. I put on my make up not wanting to over do it. It gets hot in these kinds of places and make up smears and no. I don't want to look like a drag queen.

I turn out the lights and lay down in bed. My mom will come in around eleven and check on me. Then my dad will come in after her. They'll leave and I'll be good to go. I'll have enough time to flat iron my hair and choose my shoes.