Chapter 28

I am sitting in the theater room while Zayn is cleaning it. So far I've learned that he hums while he cleans. He hates cleaning scattered popcorn. And he is the managers favorite employee.

"When will you be done here?" I ask.

He looks up at me his knuckles turning white as he grips the broom. He sweeps his way over to me. His thick eye brows raise upwards. A smile tugs at the corner of his lips making his teeth show. A perfect shot for a magazine cover.

"I get off in a half hour."

"Okay." I'm bored out of my damn mind. He hasn't stopped working. The manager has called him to do almost everything. At least that's how I see it because I want him to spend time with me. I let out an annoyed groan as I tap on the damn floating bird. Why the hell can't this bird fly?

Zayn snickers and the sound is closer than I expected. I look up in a start and he smirks.

"I'll be done in a little."

"Doesn't help with my boredom now." I explain returning my attention to this mentally challenged incapable bird. Since Zayn kissed me all I want is to do it again. He is much too focused on work and I don't want to get him fired. I should've gone home after that kiss.

He kneels down to my level. He takes my feet from off the other chair and sits me up to face him. He opens my legs placing himself in between them.

"Avery..." His eyes gaze down at my lips. "I want you here so I can take you somewhere after." It's almost like he heard my thoughts.

"Where?" I ask.

He leans in, "Your lips are very distracting." At least I know he wants to kiss me again. But he's not answering my question.

"Zayn..."

He interrupts. "Avery." My name plays off his lips and the heat of his breath tickles my skin. Now I feel the goosebumps run up my skin and that dumb buzzing in my lips and fingers.

"Stop whispering my name." I whisper back just as seductively as he is. My attempt at being seductive is not as good as his. But he leans in and plants a kiss on my lips. He takes me by my hand and pulls me up from the chair. His hand gripping at my waist just as his tongue swipes over my bottom lip. I take his bottom lip in my teeth and his hand tightens on my waist.

My hands go up around his neck as I step on the tip of my Chucks. A loud thud comes in between us. I flinch at the sudden noise but Zayn isn't letting up. I think it'd be safer to see what that noise was. Zayn doesn't seem to agree because he only pushed himself closer into me. My body presses up against his body.

"Zayn." I muster up the will to say.

"Hmm." He says into my mouth. I try to pull away but he forces his tongue to play with mine. When he tries to take a breath I take that as my chance to stop him. I press my palm to his plump and now dry lips.

I take a needed breath, "Did you hear that sound?"

He nods. I take my hand away from his lips. He looks down and in between my feet is my cellphone. I pick up my cell phone and he looks away from me. He grabs his broom and lick his lips walking away from me. I am pretty sure something is bothering him.

"Zayn?"

"I can't do this." He spills.

He looks slightly nervous. "It's okay..." Noticing my concern he turns, his back facing me.

"No, no it's not." He shakes his head. "I can't do this with you Avery. Don't you think it's weird. Your seventeen."

I'm not really sure of what to say. It was just a very passionate kiss that I enjoyed. Until my phone dropped and I was scared. Overall, what he and I had been doing was amazing. I can still feel the buzzing trace on my lips where his had been. Age shouldn't really matter in my opinion but it obviously bothers him.

"I don't know. I don't think it's weird." His shoulders slump at my words. I make my way over to him. "Does my age affect you that badly?"

"You don't even look seventeen." He says glancing up at me. "I can't be with..."

He can't say it so I stop him, "Zayn I'm not looking for a relationship right now anyway." At least I shouldn't be. I was just in a very serious relationship I don't need to go through that again. Definitely not so soon. I should've thought of that before. He looks at me shaking his head.

"I can't just be friends with you Avery."

"Why not?" I say slightly annoyed.

"Then you can get with someone else during that time and I can't watch you do that." He shakes his head. "I don't want too..."

He's so indecisive. "Then what do you want?" Though I'm asking I'm sure he's going to say he doesn't know.

Surprisingly he drops the broom cupping my face in his hands. He looks me in the eyes looking for an answer maybe? He presses his lips to mine again then pulls away. He presses his head to mine and whispers.

"What am I going to do?"

Lightening the mood I smirk, "You can play this flappy bird game for me it's damn near impossible."

He chuckles, "I need to work actually."