His Protection

His Protection
My Daughter,

This world will offer many things that will give you a moment of pleasure and a lifetime of pain. The enemy of your soul rules this earth for a while, but greater is My Spirit in you than he who rules the world. Stay close to Me and be equipped with My Word because the enemy will tempt you and try to make you believe that I am not enough for you. He will offer a counterfeit to everything I have created in an attempt to steal your heart. I created love, and he offers lust. I created a way for your to have a real relationship with Me through My Son Jesus, and he offers an artificial religion that leaves My children feeling far from Me. I created truth and he is the father of lies. I am your defender, and he is your accuser. I am your protector, and he is your persecutor. If you seek after Me to find purpose and pleasure, you will not only be more than satisfied, you will be safe and secure under My wing. 

Love, 
Your King 

I said to myself, “Come on, let’s try pleasure. Let’s look for the ‘good things’ in life.” But I found that this, too, was meaningless. - Ecclesiastes 2:1

Treasure of Truth

Don’t give up what you want most for a moment of pleasure. 

Today's devotional is drawn from His Treasure: Gems of Love From Your King by Sheri Rose Shepherd.  All content copyright Sheri Rose Shepherd 2014. 

Posted by Rebecca Carlson via Google+