Escape

Escape

My Princess,

Spiritual warfare is not a game; it is very real. Sometimes, when you feel your strength fading, you will need to run away from temptation to keep from falling. Running away may seem weak, but you must take radical measures to win this spiritual war. No temptation can conquer you if you get out while there is still time. The enemy will always try to tempt you to linger long enough to entangle you in sin.

His strategy has taken down many great men of mine. I will not allow you to be tempted more than you can handle; I will always make a way of escape, but only you can ultimately make the choice to take My exit and save yourself from heartache and regret. If you fall, I will pick you up again and again until you learn to take my exit and stay safe.

Love,

Your King and your Great Escape

You are tempted in the same way that everyone else is tempted. But God can be trusted not to let you be tempted too much, and he will show you how to escape from your temptations. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (CEV)

Today's devotional is drawn from His Princess: Girl Talk with God - Love Letters and Devotions for Young Women by Sheri Rose Shepherd.  All content copyright Sheri Rose Shepherd 2014.

Posted by Rebecca Carlson via Google+