Our Defender

• Dedicated to Rebecca Carlson

My Beloved Bride,

When anyone speaks hurtful words to you, they are coming against me. You are my vessel of honor and a trophy of my grace. Look to me for the truth when lies are spoken to you. Anyone who tries to hinder you will have to deal with me, my love. Hide yourself in my treasured word; I will remind you of your immeasurable worth as many times as it takes. I am your Lord and your Prince. The battles you face are not yours, my bride; they are mine to fight for you. I can take their insults and attacks, but you are too tender to handle spiritual war all alone. So stand behind me and let me defend you until the end!

Love,

Your Lord and defender

No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life.

As I was with Moses, so I will be with you;

I will never leave you nor forsake you. - Joshua 1:5 (NIV)

Prayer to my Prince

My Lord,

I desperately need you to heal my heart from all the lies that have been spoken to me. Teach me day by day as I sit with you, reading in Your Word what my true identity is. I am ready to trade all the lies for your truth. I am ready to allow you to renew my mind and refresh my spirit once again. Thank you for never giving up on me even when I give up on myself.

Love,

Your Princess who loves your truth

He heals the brokenhearted

and binds up their wounds. - Psalm 147:3 (NIV)

Today's devotional is drawn from His Princess Bride: Love Letters from Your Prince by Sheri Rose Shepherd.  All content copyright Sheri Rose Shepherd 2014. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. Visit HisPrincess.com for devotionals, books, videos, and more from Sheri Rose Shepherd.

Posted by Rebecca Carlson via Google+