Count the Cost

Count the Cost

My Princess Warrior,

I want you to count the cost and come to Me before you make any decision or commitment. Your time is of great value to My Kingdom. There may be many things that seem good, but not all opportunities are from Me. Let’s reason together; take a few days to pray, and I will reveal what is right for you. Don’t allow anyone but Me to move you into a position that takes your time and talent. I am your Navigator in this life; I don’t want you to allow anyone to guilt you into going somewhere not mapped out for you. Now take a deep breath, and hold back long enough to count the cost of your invaluable time invested here on earth.

Love,

Your King who paid the price for you

Don’t trap yourself by making a rash promise to God and only later counting the cost. - Proverbs 20:25 (NLT)

A Prayer for the Cost

Princess Warrior! I pray that you would be wise in your commitments and decision making. May you be able to see all the angles and possibilities, and have discernment to see what God’s will is for you and not depend on what seems right to you. I pray that the Lord will be gracious to you and show you what He wants you to commit your time to. May you be a woman of your word and bring glory to God by your commitments. I pray all these things in Jesus’ name, Amen.

Christ has set us free to live a free life. So take your stand! Never again let anyone put a harness of slavery on you. - Galatians 5:1 (The Message)

Today's devotional is drawn from His Princess Warrior: Love Letters for Strength from Your Lord by Sheri Rose Shepherd.  All content copyright Sheri Rose Shepherd 2014.

Posted by Rebecca Carlson via Google+