You Are My Crown Jewel

My beloved,
I know there are many times you don’t feel like you are royalty, my beloved--but you are. How you feel does not define who you are. You are my treasure and the love of my life. Everyday your feelings may change, but mine never will. Nothing can take away your royal position, for it is sealed by my blood. Now walk in your true identity and never doubt again that you are my chosen to reign for such a time as this--as my Princess Bride.

Love,
Your Prince who chose you
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. - 1 Peter 2:9 (NLT)

Prayer to my Prince

My Lord,

Lord, I need you to help me trade the lies I believe about myself for the truth of who you say I am: Your Princess Bride. As much as I want to believe this about myself, many layers of lies must be peeled away. You alone are the only one who can give me a renewed mind. So here I stand in light of your truth and ask for a sweet release by the touch of your truth! 

Love,
Your Bride who longs to believe
Keep me from lying to myself; give me the privilege of knowing your instructions. I have chosen to be faithful... - Psalm 119:29 (NLT)

Today's devotional is drawn from His Princess Bride: Love Letters from Your Prince by Sheri Rose Shepherd.  All content copyright Sheri Rose Shepherd 2014. 

Posted by Rebecca Carlson via Google+