Untitled Part 72

His Loved Ones,

My Daughter,

I know it's sometimes hard for you to place your loved ones in My hands. But it is in the moments that you choose to trust Me with those you love that I will become most real and visible to you. I know how much you long to be loved by them. I see that you want the best for them and are willing to sacrifice anything for them. However, you cannot give them what I can, so I ask you to point them to Me so you can be free from being controlled by your love for others. They ultimately are Mine, and I am the only one who can give them the love they will need to love you. If you will rest in My faithfulness and trust that I am a Father who knows best, then your loved ones will no longer rule your heart—I will. Remember, I give "perfect love," which casts out fear. So lay down your fear and trust Me from this day forward with those you hold closest to your heart. 

Love, Your Father who loves you and those you love. Acknowledge that the LORD is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture. - Psalm 100:3. Treasure of Truth. Those you love ultimately belong to your heavenly Father.Today's devotional is drawn from His Treasure: Gems of Love From Your King by Sheri Rose Shepherd. All content copyright Sheri Rose Shepherd 2014.

Posted by Rebecca Carlson via Google+