Don't Walk Away

Don't Walk Away

My beloved,

Please don’t walk away from me when life hits hard, my love. I know sometimes you hurt so bad you want to blame me. I understand how hard it is for you to keep your heart committed to me, when you feel I have disappeared in the midst of your despair. I am here and I am working things out for you even when it seems as if nothing has changed. I have my hand on you and extended to you at all times. No one can hold you as close as I can. So don’t run, my love--unless it is into my arms of mercy.

Love,

Your Prince and Pursuer

Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me

All the days of my life, and I will live in the house  of the Lord forever. - Psalm 23:6 (NLT)

Prayer to my Prince

My Lord,

Sometimes I want to run away from everything--including you, my Lord. I know I would be lost without you in my life, so please don’t let me go. I need you to pursue me everyday. I long for you to hold me close even when my heart is far from you. Let me experience your presence day and night. Thank you for never giving up on me even when I have given up on myself.

Love,

Your “runaway” Bride

I love the Lord because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath! - Psalm 116 (NIV)

Today's devotional is drawn from His Princess Bride: Love Letters from Your Prince by Sheri Rose Shepherd.  All content copyright Sheri Rose Shepherd 2014.

Posted by Rebecca Carlson via Google+