Friends

Friends

You are to be set apart, and you are of great value to my Kingdom and to me. Because of this great calling that I have placed on your life, I want you be cautious about who you allow into your inner circle. If you are going to fight this fight in my army, than you must surround yourself with people that complete you... not deplete you. Friends that build you up, not tear you down. Yes, I want you to love everyone, but love me enough to chose friends that draw you closer to me and help you conquer your calling. If you ask me, I will assign divine friendships to you just as I gave my chosen King David his best friend Jonathan.

Love,

Your King and True Friend

A Prayer for True Friends

I pray that you will position yourself to be surrounded with a Godly council, and with friends that build you up and challenge you to grow closer to your Creator. May the Lord bless you with these true and healthy relationships when you ask it of Him. I pray that you will be the friend to others that you would want for yourself, and that you will love selflessly and not force together what God does not want. May you be granted wisdom and discernment when you are in relationships and while choosing friends, and may you represent Jesus in everything that you say and do. In Jesus’ name, amen.

There are “friends” who destroy each other,

but a real friend sticks closer than a brother. - Proverbs 18:24

Today's devotional is drawn from His Princess: Girl Talk with God - Love Letters and Devotions for Young Women by Sheri Rose Shepherd.  All content copyright Sheri Rose Shepherd 2014.

Posted by Rebecca Carlson via Google+