28 Minutes Later

*This title is a parody to the movie "28 Days Later". And the picture this chapter is of Galthea, who awaits the end of the world. What will happen to our favorite family?*
_______________________________________

"Penny, where do you want these sweet buns?"

"Place them by the macaroni. I want the party to start a bit soon."

Penny stared at the bustling picnic table in he middle of the park. All her kids, Meg's kids, and Izzy were helping out with the party preparations. Balloons were strung to each individual chair, little postcards marking who sat where. The tablecloth was a nice orange, matching the color of her hair. The table was crowded with various foods, each not had a favorite dish she made. Izzy even brought a ton of lollipops to scatter around the table. What was the glorious celebration they were preparing for?

Penny smiled as she remembered the day of her finding the children. The box that had brought them closer. They were little babies that had grown in the span of months. She had only been a mother for a short amount of time. Her arms crossed as she took a deep breath. All the memories of her kids flooded back to her. Had her whole life changed due to these munchkins?
_______________________________________

"This book has a lot of content Optimus? Are you sure you want to read that?"

Optimus retrieved the book from the shelf and placed it in Penny's basket. "I want to learn so that I can grow up and be a teacher like you!"

Penny's eyes widen with amusement and surprise. "You want to be a teacher OP? I am flattered you want to be like me."
____________________________________

"Thank you for visiting the children's hospital! We give our thanks for playing with the children."

Penny nodded and turned towards Ratchet, only to see him waving up at a small girl on the third floor. She was leaning out the window, a grin wide on her face. Ratchet was blushing widely, feeling happier than ever.

"Would you like to visit her again Ratchet?" Penny teased, nudging the small orange and white bot.

"Huh! What the-?" He stammered, making her laugh.
_____________________________________

"Catch it Bee! That is a rare Monarch Butterfly!"

Bee beeped and raced across the meadow with his net. Penny ran behind him, her jeans stained yellow from the pollen. She watched in amusement as Bee struggled to catch a butterfly. After a few quick tries, he successfully snagged it in his net and brought it over.

"Look momma! I caught a butterfly!" Bee exclaimed, waving the net in her face.

"Way to go Bee! I'm so proud of you!" She kissed his helm, making him giggle.
_______________________________________

"Pin him Bulkhead! You can do it!"

All the parents looked at Penny with annoyance, but she ignored them. Bulkhead was part of the wrestling team and was trying to pin down his opponent. Penny was cheering loudly in the audience as she watched her son successfully take down his opponent. He looked up to see her waving down at him, making him smile through his mouth guard.
_____________________________________

"Arcee, you would look so cute in this!"

Archer shook her head at the dress that Penny was showing her. She wasn't the girly type so that didn't surprise Penny as much as it should. She smiled and tossed it aside. The shopping she did with her would have to be something that she would want to wear. Picking up a cute jean jacket, she waved it in front of her face.