Optimus Prime's Mystery Incorporated

*Welcome readers to the fun sparkling chapters that show what the bots and cons do when they aren't hanging out with Penny and the others. So here we go!*
___________________________________________________________________________

"Thanks for joining me on another library expedition Optimus. I usually take trips alone or with my mom so I'm enjoying the time we have together!"

"Thank you for inviting me and the other bookworms of our family. It's nice to take a break from being inside the house."

Optimus and Tanya were very close friends that did almost everything together, but the one thing they both enjoyed was heading over to their local library. Optimus would check out books about knights and medieval times while Tanya lived romance and historical fiction. Both would be by themselves if it wasn't for the fact that Soundwave, Ultra Magnus, and Starscream were with them.

"You never bring home books with jets or planes! I want to read those books!" Starscream complained, crossing his arms.

"My mother told me to find books on science and business so that we can get started early for my future in college." Ultra Magnus had said.

"Soundwave: Would like to use computers without being pestered." Soundwave's excuse had been.

So that was the reason the three of them were following the book duo. Tanya was a bit frustrated that she couldn't get some quality Prime Time, but nonetheless let them come. When they reached the library however, several police cars were stationed outside the building!

Tanya spotted the head librarian, Mr. McGregor and ran over to him. "Hi Mr. McGregor, what's going on?"

The older man frowned down at her. "Tragic really Tanya! All the books in my children's section have been stolen along with some from the teen section too! The culprit managed to swipe them all from under my nose!"

"That's terrible! How could someone do such a thing?!" Tanya gasped, not believing what she had heard.

"Did you find anything that would help make the case go faster?" Optimus asked, coming forward.

Mr. McGregor shook his head. "I'm afraid not. I'm going to have to close the library down for the day. A shame really since my regulars won't be able to share their love of reading." He walked off, his face downtrodden.

"I think we should help Mr. McGregor with his little problem." Tanya decided, balling up her hands in a fist.

Ultra Magnus raised an eyebrow as he looked at the building. "This looks like a really big problem."

"A problem that requires our keenest eyes and attention." Starscream agreed, getting a bit eager. "Just like Scooby-Doo!"

Soundwave displayed a smiley face on his screen.

"Well gang, it looks like we have a mystery on our hands." Optimus proclaimed, getting smirks from the others. "Isn't that what they ways say?"
_____________________________________________________________________________

The five kids sat at a table the next day in the lunchroom to discuss their plans for the case. Ultra Magnus and Wheeljack were temporarily placed at their school until Galthea could get her house "kid proof". Notebooks and pencils were sprawled across the table along with various juice boxes, cookie crumbs, and sticky jelly stains.

"According to Nancy Drew, we should assess the situation and look for the most probable suspects." Tanya mentioned, waving her favorite book series.

"That is a great idea if we knew who came into the library that day." Ultra Magnus pointed out. "We should follow the Sherlock Holmes way of solving mysteries! He was the world's greatest detective!"