Chapter 43

Chapter 43

'This is not happening,' John thought as he was held by his father.

John looked around the room and he saw many people clapping, he could hear his friends cheering for him in the background but the only thing John wanted to see was Smii7y. He wanted to see if he was okay and hoped to that he would hear him out. John started into the shocked eyes of Smii7y and he could see the betrayal in them. John wanted to break free from his father's grasp. He wanted to run to Smii7y and tell him this didn't mean anything. He wanted to kiss Smii7y on the lips just to show how much he loved him.

But for Smii7y? His whole world had stopped moving. His breath had hitched up and he found it hard to breathe. His mind slowly connecting the pieces about the information that was given to him. John... Sara... engaged?

'This has to be some kind of cruel joke,' Smii7y thought as the deafening sound of cheers were made.

Smii7y took a step back.. and then another.... and then another. This was too much to handle. His eyes made contact with John's and he could see the shear panic that were in them... it made him wonder how long John knew about this engagement. Was the man of his new dreams really engaged to one of his old friends. It made Smii7y want to burst out in laughter and in tears.

'Oh how the world could be so cruel,' Smii7y thought as he watched people congratulate the new couple.

Smii7y had enough and swiftly turned around to make his way to John's room. He was first walking but when he was out in the hallway it turned into a run. He heard a voice calling for him but he ignored it. His heart was hurting and luckily Eli was going to be there soon. Smii7y ripped off his mask and tossed it to the floor. There was no point in keeping the stupid thing if all it was going to do was bring back unwanted memories. When he arrived to John's room he made his way to the balcony, letting the cold air freeze the last of his tears away.

John watched as Smii7y's figure started to disappear. He knew this was his last chance to fix what they had and John wasn't going to let anyone stop him. He managed to get out of his father's hold and pushed his way through the crowd. He got many confused looks, from strangers and friends alike, but John pushed past them. There was only one person's opinion that mattered and he was currently running away from him.

"Smii7y," John called out when he reached the ballroom doors.

From the corner of his eyes John could see his school friends staring at him. Zuckles and McCreamy had shocked looks, Swagger was sporting a glare,  Toby looked worriedly at him, while Fitz' had a neutral look on his face. His other friends were shocked as well but John paid no attention to them. They didn't know Smii7y so they shouldn't be worried about this... This was between him and Smii7y and he wasn't going to let the best thing that has happened walk away from his life.

John nearly tripled when he saw he white mask Smii7y was wearing on the floor. He picked it up and softly caressed it. Taking a breath, he continued his way to his room. When John arrives he just saw Smii7y open his balcony doors.

"Smii7y please wait," John's voice called out and Smii7y stopped.

"Please wait," John said as he ripped his own mask was off.

"Why should I don't you have a fiancé to be with," Smii7y hissed out glaring at John.

"Please it's not what it looks like," John pleaded.

"Not what it looks like.... you're engaged John what the hell is that supposed to look like," Smii7y said.

"Okay it's what it looks like but I..," John said.

"No John... there's nothing you can say to change this," Smii7y said.

"Smii7y please I...," John started to say.

"No John," Smii7y said before jumping off the balcony.

Smii7y landed safely on the ground and looked up to see John's shocked eyes staring at him. Smii7y turned away knowing if he continued to look at John his heart would skip several beats. Smii7y made a break through to the maze losing John's sight.

John fell to his knees and felt tears running down his face. In his hands he was clenching the only thing he had left of Smii7y.

'Is this truly the end of us,' John thought as the cold air hit his face.

He heard several footsteps coming towards him but he didn't want to face them. He didn't want to tell his friends the secret he's been keeping on so desperately. He could hear Tyler, Craig, Jay, and Scotty ask if he was alright but John just stared motionless looking out at the night sky. He heard Sara's soft voice telling everyone to leave and soon footsteps were heard walking away.

"I'm so sorry John," Sara said softly as she pulled him in a sideways hug.

"It's all my fault," John sobbed out as he continued to look outside.

"Don't say that John this was a big topic to talk about there was no way you could have expected... Smii7y there," Sara said.

"I still should have told him... I still should have said something," John said as he despair settled in.

Smii7y walked through the snowy maze reaching the secret entrance. He pushed a button and the door opened to him. The door closed right after him and Smii7y leaned back against the wall. His heart felt heavy, his sight started to get blurry as he blinked a couple of tears away. Smii7y pondered about the last time he cried... it was when he had to let go of Fitz...

'Was this how Fitz felt when they announced my marriage,' Smii7y thought thinking back to then.

But the marriage his own parents had brought on had been completely random. This, Smii7y knew, had been planned. It still hurts.

"You look like you got hit by a train," Eli said when he pulled up.

"Just go," Smii7y mumbled as he got into the car.

"Just know I'm here for you," Eli said as he left.

"Whatever," Smii7y said looking out the window.

The Keyes' residence was slowly fading away on the distance along with that's left of Smii7y's heart.

He was done with love... all it ever did was hurt him.

Hmmm ready to wait a whole another week to see what happens next? I mean I already know since I have the chapter written buuuut ;)

With lots of love 💛

Brofish 🐟👊