Chapter 31

Chapter 31

John sat patiently at the dining room table. His back was straight and he was looking ahead not moving. The reason for this was because his father was due to return any minute now and John wanted to look presentable for him. Of course he had a huge folder worth of stuff he was going to go over with him for the gala, but he knew that his father was most likely speaking with his mother about everything that happened when he was gone.

'I'm a dead man,' John thought as he knew what his mother was going to say about him.

He wanted to slouch so bad but he had to keep straight. It was times like these he wished he wasn't on winter break. His friends most likely hanging out with each other as he suffers at home with his parents. He could hear the old grandfather clock tick by as every second passed. It was getting a bit nerve wracking. The doors then opened and John stared into the dark brown eyes of his father.

"Good Day Son," his father said as he sat down across for him.

"Good day Father," John replied.

"Tell me what you have," he said as John passed him the folder.

"The invitations have been made and sent, there is also some decoration ideas which have already been processed and awaiting to be set up, the food has been chosen, the music has been finalized just awaiting for your approval," John said as he listed everything off.

"Everything seems to be in order... I have to say I didn't expect you to get much done," his father said as he looked through everything.

"I just wanted to show you I am capable of handling this event, and any future event that we may hold in the future," John said.

"There's just one problem," his father said as he closed the folder.

"What is it," John said dreading what was coming next.

"Your mother has told me you've been lacking on your manners recently," his father said making John tense up.

"It was a long day and I may have picked up the wrong utensil," John admitted.

"It doesn't matter if you had a long day... it does look like you need a lesson on dining etiquette," he said as he snapped his finger.

John watched as servants came around to his side of the table and start to place down utensils. There were two forks, two spoons, and two knives. John wanted to sigh but he looked at his father with determination. He wants to show him that he knows everything.

"A salad is being brought to your table which utensil do you use," his father said.

"I use the fork on the outmost left and the salad knife," John said picking up the fork and a knife.

"After you've eaten your salad the chef has brought in a small bowl of soup,"  He continued watching John closely.

"I used the soup spoon," John said grabbing the spoon on the outmost right.

"The main meal has arrived what do you use," he said.

"I use the dinner knife and fork," John said grabbing the two that's closest to the plate.

"Here comes James with your afternoon tea what do you use," his father said as said person came with the tea.

"The beverage spoon," John said grabbing the smallest of the two spoons.

"I can see that your mishap was a mistake... I'm going to be lenient on you for this time but there is still much I have to reteach," his father said getting his own afternoon tea.

"How do you properly drink tea," his father said as he stirred his own.

"You wait for the guest to drink theirs first so you can see how the tea is. You would gently grab the cup from the handles with four fingers. Your pinky will be sticking out as you take a small sip," John said.

"Excellent now what's the proper way to sit," he said.

"With your back straight to show your confidence," John said.

"I think I've seen enough... it's time to talk about your wedding," his father said making John nearly spit out the tea he was drinking.

"Already," John said as he gently placed his tea down.

"Your mother really likes the girl Sara and wants the two of you to get married as soon as possible," he said.

"How soon is soon," John asked.

"Most likely on Valentines Day we have invitations getting ready to be printed out... which is also why I had to leave on such a short notice. I was looking at possible venues that would be perfect," he said.

"Also your mother wants this mop cut by then and there's no disagreeing with her... I'll let you keep it until after the gala so don't worry about that," he continued.

John could only state in shock as he tuned out his father. He didn't want to get married yet... there was so much he hasn't done as a single man yet. He doesn't even want to marry Sara as she doesn't want to marry him. He wanted to push his hair back from stress but he knew he would get in trouble if he did. He wanted to cry from frustration. Why can't he choose who he wants to marry...

"I can see my conversation isn't important to you," his father said snapping John out of his thoughts.

"I don't want worry about my marriage just yet," John said calmly.

"Life is short John things will come and go... you're almost an adult sometimes there's nothing we can do about it," he said as he stood up.

"Now another thing I want to talk to you about," he said as he walked over to John's side.

John held a hiss as his hair was pulled back harshly.

"Who gave you permission to leave yesterday," he said as John was forced to look at him.

"As you said before I'm almost an adult and I decided for myself to leave," John said through gritted teeth.

"Where did you go," he said as he clenched his fist harder.

"I was concerned over a friend I just went to make sure he was alright," John said as he was soon pushed forward.

"Don't let me catch you leaving again... have a good day son," he said as he walked away.

"Fucking bitch," John said softly rubbing the back of his head.

He looked up and saw his mother from the other end of the door. She had a coy smile on her face as she waved at him. John got up slowly and bowed to her before making his way back to his room.

"John," he heard Sara call out.

"Yeah," John said as she came up to him.

"I... I saw what happened in the dinning room," she said pushing some of his hair out of his face.

"Nothing you need to worry about," John said.

"If you wanna talk... I'm here for you," she said.

"Thank you but I think I'll spent the rest of the evening in my room ask the chef to send my dinner up there," John said.

When John arrived to his room he silently closed he door and then punched a mirror he had next to it. It shattered into pieces and his knuckles were slightly cut. He slightly wished it was his father's reflection instead of his own in that mirror.

Aaaaah okay Friday came by so soon like it feels like it's only been like 2 days but a week has passed and taaaah daaah I've blessed you all with another update. Also I joined someone's discord and I already love everyone there lol.

With lots of love 💛

Brofish 👊🐟