Chapter 41

Chapter 41

John stood motionless as several servants was putting his costume together. It took several people to make as the back part of his outfit was made with real peacock feathers. John hated this part with a passion. There was no point in actually going with the feathers; but his father wanted him to be a bit more life like and says that make peacocks will show their feathers in search for a mate. He felt utterly stupid but whatever it's just one night he could live with it.

"You look wonderful darling," his mother said as she was holding her cigarette holder.

"I'm glad I meet your expectations," John said bowing to her.

"Sara come in let's see you two together," his mother said turning to the door.

John would have to be lying if he said that Sara didn't look good because she looked good. She was wearing a white ballroom dress that puffed out at the bottom. Her top half was made up of white feathers while the bottom half was made out of white peacock feathers. Her hair was made into a bun and she had the faintest of makeup on her face. She had a white fan in her hands and she was donning a white coat. On her face was a white mask with feathers coming from the side. She looked like a queen.

"You look beautiful," John said.

And he means it.

"You don't look too bad yourself handsome," she said winking at him.

"Dear god you're an infection," his mom mumbled.

John wanted to roll his eyes but he didn't, it didn't stop Sara from doing it.

"Alright I want you two together I need a picture of this," she said as a servant came in with a camera.

John and Sara poses for the servant and several shots were taken.

"Your father is waiting for us to arrive there are some guests that need to be greeted," his mother said as she left the room.

"Shall we madam," John said.

"We shall," Sara replies grabbing a hold of his arm.

"Is your mystery guy going to be here," Sara asked when she saw that his mother was a couple of feet ahead.

"No... I hope not I really don't know how to tell him I'm engaged," John said looking down at the ring he's supposed to be wearing.

"I mean... you should tell him it's better if he hears it from you then hearing it in the media," Sara said frowning a bit.

"I'll tell him tonight when the gala is done... I really do like him," John said smiling softly.

"You are so cute," Sara gushed as she poked John's cheek.

They reached the ballroom and John could already recognize some people. The Hanby's, the Cunningham's, the Wine's, and the Elias' were here. It was a shame they had reached there before him but at least his father was there to great them.

"Mr and Mrs Elias it's good to see you," John greeted.

"Hi mom hi dad," Sara said.

"Hey sis," Matt said.

John still doesn't know Matt as well as probably his other friends but that really didn't bother him too much. There will always be time to get to know him. Matt was currently in a dark blue tux with some feathers.

"I'm a bluebird," Matt said.

"Oh that's cool well I must be off we still have to great some guests," John said bowing to them.