Chapter 46

Chapter 46

"Father," John said when he entered the library.

Their library wasn't like an of the public library's out there. There were several books passed down from generation to generation. John was pretty sure he could only sell the library and would have enough money to last him a life time. Many historians try to ask for permission to study the thousands of books were inside but his father wouldn't let them. There were many secrets he wasn't willing to share with the world just yet.

"What is it John can't you see I'm busy," his father said sharply.

"May I please head over to... my old schoolmates and tell them of the situation," John said carefully choosing his words.

"You may, this is the first step in taking over the company; cutting off all unnecessary ties to the poor," John's father said.

"Of course father I'll be back for dinner," John said bowing.

"Please do we have some business partners coming over," his father said and John left the library.

John sighed and made his way to his room. He wanted to grab a couple of things before heading to Fitz's house. He knew they were all going to be there. John  should have came to them sooner but he knew he wouldn't be allowed to leave yesterday. His father would have most likely just laugh in his face and then sent him to his room. John was completely nervous. His friends hadn't replied back to his message the day before so he's going over to see what's up.

"Cameron is going to forgive you," Sara had told him when he was telling her the plan.

"He's not the same Cam as before when he is mad at something he's mad at them for life," John told her.

But all Sara did was reassure him that Cameron would forgive him once he explained himself. John wanted to sigh but just smiled at her. She was completely naive to the outside world and to what people actually think. John realizes that she probably didn't know that Matt really hated Smii7y. She was in her own world and John would hate to be the person to break her from it.

John entered his room and grabbed his vape, wallet, his phone, and his gifts. There were still no replies making John frown. He grabbed his jacket and some gloves before making his way to his driver. He saw the car out front waiting for him and he wonder if his dad had anything to do with this.

"To Cameron's," John said as he entered the car.

John pulled his phone from his pocket and stared at it. His phone had been extremely silent since the gala. He was hoping Fitz wasn't too mad at him. He knew he should have just told Fitz about Smii7y's nights visit but knowing he had something for himself was more enticing. John looked out the window and sighed. No matter how John put everything it always lead to his fault for not doing something about it.

"We have arrived young master," the driver said and John got off.

John quickly made his way to the front door and knocked. It didn't take long before the face of Fitz's mom was in view.

"Oh John it's been a while," she said smiling at him.

"Uh Yeah is Cameron home," John asked.

"Oh he's in his room why don't you place the gifts under the tree, head over and I'll make some snacks," she said as she let him in.

The trip to Fitz's room felt like an eternity to John. Each step felt like a thousand pounds were being added to his shoulder. The guilt he was feeling only increasing as he reached the door handle. When John opened the door the guys had quieted only looking towards John with slight interest.