Chapter 35

Chapter 35

John's smile was empty; mostly when he has to make an appearance to entertain his father's guest. It was midday afternoon and John knew this wouldn't end so quickly. His eyes roamed the people who were currently chatting away over a glass of wine. The families that were here are the Elias's, the Wine's, the Thompson's, the Lopes', the Sarks', and the Hanby's. It was just the father of the families, it was a monthly gathering where they smoke cigars, drink wine, and gossip about other families

"Thank you for this invitation," Mr Hanby said as a servant poured him a second glass of wine.

"It's a pleasure to have you," Mark said as John watched in boredom.

This was the first time the Hanby's and the Elias' had been invited over to this little club. The club they're in is a secret one where only the highest of families get to attend. His father, Mark, is the leader of the club so the attendance was always at his place. His father only made sure to invite the sixth's richest people in their small community. The Fongs' and the Cunningham's were usually the ones who were invited but the Cunningham's were still in England while the Fong's...

"Did you hear of Fong's son Evan," Mr Lopes said.

"Yes he eloped with his... male servant," Mr Thompson said in disgust.

"Oh how dreadful Fong must be embarrassed," Mr Wine said.

"I've heard that Evan has given up his right to the fortune just to be with... him," Mr Sark said.

John knew Evan. He knew that Evan had fallen in love with his personal servant Jonathan, an orphan the Fong's has adopted to take care of Evan's needs. No one blinked an eye towards Jonathan as all they saw him was something below dirt, but Evan saw something worth in him and decided to invest his time to him. Of course being gay was a sin in their community. He just hoped for the best of the two.

John's eyes wondered over to Mr Elias, who was Sara's step father. The man was built and he looked like he could be in his late 30s. John wondered if it was all the wood chopping he most likely did.

"And how are you Elias," Mr Hanby boasted.

John looked slightly towards his father and he could tell that Mr Hanby was most likely not coming to next months club. John face forward looking to Mr Elias.

"I've been good; my family has been fitting in nicely," Mr Elias said.

"That's good to hear you came from Canada recently didn't you," Mr Thompson said.

"Yes the snow here is a good reminded of home so it feels like we haven't even left," Me Elias said.

"And how is your Boy Keyes," Mr Hanby said as he was on his fifth glass.

"John," his father said.

"I've been good Mr Hanby just preparing the final things I need for the gala this Saturday," John said.

"Ah the Gala you were his age when you did your first Gala weren't you Keyes," Mr Lopes said.

"Of course I don't expect anything less of my son," his father said.

"Will we be stopping by to celebrate Christmas," Mr Wine asked.

"Of course with the exception of Hanby," John's father said.

John looked over to Mr Hanby and he could see that Mr Hanby would most likely not remember this conversation. He would miss seeing Brian, but his father is a drunk which wasn't tolerable to John's father. He took a small sip from his glass feeling the warm drink slide down his throat. It left a sour taste in his mouth, but he didn't dare speak out. He was more of a smoker then a drinker.  The men started to talk about the race when there was a small knock on the door.

"Enter," his father bellowed loudly silencing the small conversation.

John watched as the servants made their way to the door and opened it. Sara stood at the other side, wearing a plain blue dress that lead to the floor.

"Good evening sirs," Sara said curtsying.

"Ahhh my sweetie Sara how are you," Mr Elias said.

"I'm good father I was hoping if I could inquire John's presence for the rest of the evening," Sara asked politely.

"I don't see why not," his father said as John got up.

"Gentlemen it was nice talking with you," John said bowing to them.

He placed his cup of wine on one of the servants trays as he dusted himself off. He reached Sara's side and lifted his arm up. She wrapped his arms around his and they both left the room.

"Thank god," John moaned out when he was from their hearing distance.

"Don't like the gentlemen's club," Sara teased.

"I hate it... I can't wait until it's me and my friends," John said.

"Matt had to do these once and he's said that it's pointless," Sara said.

"It really is," John said.

"So how is your love life," Sara said when she made sure no one was around to hear it.

"I still don't have one," John said.

"Don't lie to meeeee is it another girl," Sara said.

"No," John said.

"Is it a guy," she asked.

"N..no," John said.

"You hesitated it is a guy," she said excitedly.

"Shhhhhh don't let the world know," John said to her.

"Ugh why are all the cute ones gay," Sara teased.

"I'm not gay," John said.

"Keep denying it... it only makes it more true," Sara said as they reached John's room.

"I think you should rest though... you look tired," Sara said.

"Thanks," John said giving her a hug, "you're still up for Christmas shopping tomorrow."

"Of course," Sara said as she made her way to her room.

John entered the room and closed the door behind him. Of course he was tired, he spent most of the night talking with Smii7y. It's one of their longest nights together. It was so easy to just get along with him and be himself. It brings out something in him that even his friends don't bring out. He touched his lips and thought about the kiss.

He's never really kissed anyone as much he did with Smii7y. He's never found the right person to kiss and it just felt natural to kiss the silver haired teen.  His heart always seemed to beat out of his chest whenever Smii7y worked his charm as he liked to call it. Is he in love with Smii7y? No not in love... He felt his phone vibrate and he took it out.

MilkBag: Falling for me aren't you

'You have no idea,' John thought as he quickly sent out a reply.

This is a big turning point in the story I hope you all know. Thank you all for the amazing support and kind words. It really did bring my spirits up. This chapter  took several weeks because I couldn't figure out how I wanted to present it. Well I hope it's to your standards!

With lots of love 💛

Brofish 👊🐟