Chapter 39

Chapter 39

John is currently on cloud nine. The feeling of happiness coursing through his body as his mind is going over what had transpired last night. He didn't think Smii7y actually had liked him back. John thought for sure that Smii7y was just stringing him along because of what Fitz has said but the month he got to know him...

'I was smitten,' John thought as he rubbed the side of his face.

He was smitten to the core; not enough to call it love but enough to realize it could become it. And for once John wasn't going to shy away from this feeling. He was going to embrace it with all he has and never let him go. John blushes at the thought as he clutched onto the pillow Smii7y has used last night. It still smelled like him and it put John at ease knowing what day it is today.

His phone was pinging; messages from his father, friends, and most likely Smii7y that were being sent. Today was the last day to finalize preparations for the gala as it was to debut tomorrow night. Of course there wasn't really much to do but knowing his father he probably made a huge list that wouldn't be finished until late evening. He's hoping he could trick Smii7y into giving him another massage.

"You seem a lot happier," Sara said during breakfast when they were alone.

"Yeah I am," John said with a slight blush on his face.

"Did you tell him," Sara asked her eyes widening.

"I did," John admitted.

"And he returned your feelings," Sara asked excitedly.

"He did," John said.

"Oooh I'm so happy for you John," Sara said getting up from her seat and wrapping her arms around John for a hug.

"How does it feel to be in an actual relationship," Sara murmured in his ear when she saw his mother at the door.

"It's nerve-racking and thrilling at the same time. It feels good," John whispered back.

"I'm glad you're embracing your relationship John," his mother said.

"Of course Mother Sara is a lovely person and I couldn't see myself with any other person," John lied.

He felt Sara tense up but he knew that was to be expected. He knows he should just end the engagement but what would he tell his parents? Oh sorry but I'm actually in love with this guy who breaks into our house and makes me feel like a real person.

'That would definitely be okay with them,' John thought sarcastically as he tuned out his mother talking about the wedding.

Maybe he could kill his parents so he could be the sole air to the company.

'Nah couldn't possibly work,' John thought... unless...

John pushed the thought to the back of his mind. He didn't have time to think about murdering his own parents. He has a gala to finish and he wants to get everything done.

"It was nice speaking with you mother but I must finish the preparations I do hope to join you for lunch," John said as he left his half eaten plate.

He probably could have finished the whole thing but he knew that wasn't likely as his mother was watching him. He watched as Sara grabbed a napkin and took something off his plate when his mother wasn't looking. John held his arm out and Sara grabbed it as they both walked out of the dining room.

"She's so nosy," Sara said as she crinkled her nose.

"You know how it goes mothers knows best," John said in a singing tone.

"Oh my gosh you are like Rapunzel and whoever this mystery guy you're seeing is your Flynn oooh it's so romantic," Sara sighed dramatically.

"Ra-who," John said.

"You know from Tangled," Sara said.

"Never seen it," John said.

"WHAT YOU'VE NEVER SEEN okay so Sunday we're going to do a Disney marathon and you'll watch it with me," Sara said.

"Disney is for girls," John said.

"Disney is for everyone don't worry John I'll make sure your childhood isn't ruined," Sara said.

"Finally Son there's not much to do as I've taken care of most of the necessities," his father said as they entered the ballroom.

"What do you need me to do," John asked.

"You need to decorate the ballroom, test taste what we're serving, finalize the music, and test out the dance floor," his father listed.

"Of course we'll get on it," John said as he watched his father walk out of the ballroom.

"Tell me everything," Sara said as they sat in some chairs as people started decorating.

"He came over last night," John said.

"He came over? How... well you can tell me later but then what happened," she said as she handed him the napkin.

"He came to the bed and passed me some foreign beer" John said then continued with, "it was alright but I knew I had to tell him."

"Aaaand," she said.

"And I told him," John said.

"Which he responded with," she said excitedly.

"Kisses and cuddles," John replies with a blush.

"That is adorable," Sara said gushing over John.

"Sir and Madam the room has been decorated and is awaiting your approval," a servant said as he bowed to them.

John looked around the room with sharp eyes. The decorations were plain and simple as it was a starry night masquerade. Fake stars were plastered at every corner and the ceiling had different constellations. The tables had a white table cloth was a smaller black cloth on top. There were stars littered the table and each table had a miniature constellation they could take.

"I approve," John murmured then said, "The music doesn't need any changing but we shall test the floor."

John held his hand out to Sara which she graciously took. He lead her to the dance floor and waited for the music to start. Once the musicians started playing John took the lead and started to dance. John listened to the beat and moved to follow it. John looked at Sara as she had her eyes closed. Of course Sara was a nice girl, hell he knew if he had never met Smii7y he most likely would have given her a chance.

But Sara is more like a little sister to him. She knew his darkest secret and he could trust her not to tell anyone. John then closed his eyes and imagined this was Smii7y, the dance they had shared a couple of nights ago still fresh in his mind. If his parents saw them they would just assume they were getting along but John knew better. His heart beats for only one person and that person is Smii7y.

I'm so sorry. Like I'm so sorry I didn't have the chapter ready last week and I finished it up sometime this week but I didn't want to post it early. Please forgive me for this hiatus

With lots of love 💛

Brofish 👊🐟

Lovely ||Krii7y||जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें