"Sorry snakes"

Betty's POV

"Aww this is cute!" Veronica squealed at the baby onesie she had found.

"What about this?" I asked, holding up a yellow baby summer dress.

"You are buying that now B! That's adorable!" she cooed. My phone began to ring, I quickly pulled it out of my bag and saw that it was Jughead.

"Hey Juggie" I greeted once I answered the call.

"Betts where are you?" he asked, sounding panicky.

"Uh..shopping with Veronica" I responded.

"Shit. Right, listen to me. I need you and Veronica to get in her car and go back to the house. Lock the front door and back door with the security locks I installed. Make sure windows are shut and just stay upstairs in our bedroom okay?" he explained.

"Why? What's going on?" I asked, panicking myself. Veronica looked over, now concerned as well.

"The ghoulies" he sighed.

"Jug, I'm a serpent leader as well. I should be there to help!" I protested.

"Not happening. Not whilst you're pregnant, please Betty" he begged.

"Fine...stay safe. I love you" I gave in.

"I love you too Betts...so much" he replied before hanging up.

"What happened?" V asked.

"Not now, I'll explain in the car. Let's go" I beckoned. As soon as we got to the car I explained everything and Veronica sped up.

"I hate those idiots. Can't they ever back off?" she complained.

"Apparently not. He didn't even tell me much, he just said it was to do with them. Do you think they're after me and you? He was so serious about getting home and securing the house" I started to freak out.

"Betty please try and stay calm. It's not good for the baby, just hold tight till we get home" she pleaded as my breathing got quicker. Regulating my heartbeat was difficult but I managed to calm myself down a bit.

Veronica pulled up and we practically jumped out of the car. As soon as we got in I locked the front door and back door whilst V went and locked every window.

"Done?!" I shouted from downstairs.

"Done!" she replied. I climbed up the stairs and into my bedroom where we both layed on the bed.

"Guess we'll have to reschedule our shopping trip" Veronica sighed, making me laugh.

"The horror!" I joked causing her to hit my arm softly.

"Call Jughead, I want to know what's happening and why I had to stop shopping" she whined. I agreed and pressed his contact, waiting for him to pick up.

"Betts? Are you okay? Please say you're okay" his words were rushed and his breathing was rapid.

"I'm okay. We just want to know what's going on"

"They've got Jellybean" he choked out. I instantly sat up in shock.

"W...what?" I whispered.

"They've got her Betts. I'm scared they're coming for you. They nearly got my dad but me and my mum managed to get him back" he explained.

"Juggie, I need to be there with you"

"Betts, you're carrying our child. I'm not letting anything happen to you or to our little girl" he promised.

"What are you going to do?" I asked.

"I'm going into their lair as the distraction whilst mum gets to Jelly. That's the only way"

"Are you serious? You're going to get yourself killed!" I shouted.

"She's my sister!" he argued.

"Yeah and I'm your wife!...just come back and we can plan something. You can't just go in there not knowing what to expect" I pleaded.

"Plan? I'm not letting her spend another moment with them! Who knows what's happening to her!" he fought back angrily. Tears started to prickle in my eyes and Veronica clearly noticed as she hugged me from the side.

"I have to go...I love you" he spoke softly, his tone now changing from angry to sad.

"I love you too" I whispered before the phone cut and the tears began to stream properly.

"It's okay, you're safe here" Veronica soothed as she hugged me tightly.

Jughead's POV

I crept into the lair and immediately guns were pointed at me and Malachi walked in.

"Ah Jughead! Good to see you" he chuckled.

"Give me my sister" I growled.

"So protective. Are you like that with blondie?" he asked as a sly grin formed on his face.

"It's me you want Malachi. Not my sister. Just give her back and take me" I continued.

"Hmmmm...nah" he shrugged. I knew this would happen, all I had to do was distract them until mum got JB out.

"What do you want then?"

"To destroy your gang. You've had the southside for way too long, it's not big enough for the both of us" he grinned wickedly. In the corner of my eye I saw my mum crawling past one ghoulie and into a separate room.

"And let you wreck Riverdale? No chance" I scoffed.

"Oh don't worry, you won't be there to see it! Or to see your child's birth, or see it grow up. In fact...you won't see anything soon" he laughed. Then I heard a huge smash and I knew our cover was blown. Malachi's head snapped towards the room and the door was opened to see that JB had knocked over something whilst trying to sneak out with my mum.

"You've made a big mistake Jones!" he shouted.

"RUN!" I shouted and they did exactly that. The ghoulies chased after them as they escaped out of the lair.

"You idiot. You think this will make things better?"

"No but you'll punish me rather than my family" I replied.

"Oh so noble. How wonderful. Bad decision though, none of them are safe. We're going to go to your little bar and tie all of your serpents up. You will make them do as we tell or I'll go after your precious queen! Ghoulies, get him in the van" Malachi explained.

Jellybeans POV

I hugged dad tightly as he held me close. I had been taken back to the bar after we escaped.

"We need to get Jug back!" I informed.

"No way, it's too dangerous" my mum argued.

"He's your son! My brother and I'm not leaving him" I scoffed, dad agreed before his phone rang so he put it on speaker.

"FP, it's Betty. Is Jughead still okay? she asked and our faces dropped.

"Um...not exactly. They've got him" dad replied.

"W...what?" she whispered. The door swung open and in walked the rival gang with my brother beaten and bruised, stumbling beside them.

"Jug!" I shouted and tried to run to him but dad held me back.

"What are you doing Malachi?!" dad shouted, hanging up his call.

"Your son here ruined his chances of survival, and now I'm going to ruin yours" he laughed. The door was blocked and one by one serpents were being tied up. Dad tried to run at Malachi but Jughead stopped him and looked us in the eyes.

"Do as he says. Please" he coughed.

"Are you being serious! Why?" dad argued.

"He'll get Betty" he whispered. Dad gave in and in the end each serpent was tied around the room.

"Sorry snakes, looks like your rein is coming to an end"