Pool party

Requested by @bettsandjug4ever

Betty's POV

I stood before my mirror staring into it. Staring at the imperfect body shown before me. My body. I was in a bikini with a pair of shorts over the top. I don't even want to go to this stupid pool party but once again Veronica is forcing me. I stood side on and tried sucking in my stomach but it just looked worse. I pulled my hair out of the ponytail and ran my hands threw it to stop my self from doing something worse. I wouldn't be able to cover the nail marks so I couldn't dig them in. I then brushed my hair out and kept it down. I sat on the bed sighing. I looked at all the bikinis spread across the floor that I had spent ages trying on to see which one made me look best. They barely changed my appearance. What did I expect?

I have 1 hour left before Jughead picks me up so I just led on my bed scrolling through Instagram. Posts with perfect skin, perfect bodies, amazing hair, the best smiles. The complete opposite of me. I stood up again staring at myself in the mirror, I looked awful. I began to sob and covered my mouth with my hand.

Jugheads POV

I was at Archie's house and was about to message Betty to let her know that I was just across the road and not all the way at my trailer. I walked up to Archie's room and to the window cill. I sat on it and looked up, something caught my eye. Betty, looking apsoloutely stunning as always, staring in the mirror...crying? I discarded the message and ran downstairs.

"Arch, I'm just going to Betty's" I said quickly and didn't wait for a response before leaving. I knocked on the door but there was no answer so I went to see if the ladder was still near the window, which it was. I picked it up and leant it against the brick wall. I began to carefully climb up it and once I did I knocked on the window. Betty jumped and quickly wiped her tears before smiling and walking over to me.

"Hey Juliet" I said softly.

"Hey Romeo" she replied letting me in before pulling me into a passionate kiss. It lasted longer than I thought it would and she pushed me onto the bed before straddling me.

"Woah, woah. Stop" I spoke pulling away.

"What? Did I do something wrong?" She asked her eyes filled with worry.

"N-"

"Oh god I did. I'm such an idiot. Of course you didn't want to, who the fuck would be attracted to this. You've gone off me haven't you? Realised what I really am?" She said pacing.

"Hey, hey. Stop that" I spoke standing up and grabbing her shoulder to stop her from pacing.

"Betts, of course I want to. But... I need to talk to you, that's the reason I came over" I assured rubbing her shoulder. She nodded and sat down on the bed cross legged. I sat opposite and held her hands in mine.

"I was over at Archie's and I saw you through the window. Why were you crying?" I asked.

"Oh..um it was nothing. Don't worry about it"

"I do worry. I want you to be safe. Please talk to me" I begged.
She looked down and took a few moments.

"I'm not perfect. I'm not pretty. I don't have the 'perfect body' that society says I should have. I don't have the flawless skin, I feel the need to put makeup on just to hide my own face. I have to suck my stomach in to even look the slightest bit better. I just feel ugly." she said still looking down into her lap as tears flew down her face.

I put two fingers under her chin and lifted it up so her sad face was facing mine.

"Baby, you have to know that you are the most gorgeous girl I have ever laid my eyes on. You have your own style, you go against society's made up normalities with your actions and everything about you and I love that. I care about what's on the inside, your love, your kindness, your heart and your humour."

"Here let me show you something" I spoke standing up and holding out my hand. She took it and I took her over to the mirror, standing her in front of it. I put my hands on her shoulders from behind and spoke.

"Do you see what I see? I see a girl with beautiful blonde hair, eyes that I get lost in everytime I look into them, a beautiful body and the prettiest smile I've ever seen" I spoke before turning her to face me with my hands still on her shoulders.

"I love you, Betty Cooper, imperfections and all because that's what makes you who you are" I spoke. Her face turned to a smile and she pulled back a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"I love you too Jug" she spoke and brought me into a hug. Although we'd said it many times, every time gave me butterflies.

Before we left she washed her face and put a crop top on. We drove with Archie over to Veronicas and the place was full.

Betty's POV

I had the confidence to actually take my shorts and top off so I was just in my bikini and was currently sun bathing. There was a tap on my shoulder and I put my head up.

"You getting in the pool?" Jughead asked.

"No chance, it'll be freezing"

"Come on, I'll warm you up I swear" he said making me laugh.

"Sorry Jones" I declined.

Suddenly I felt myself being lifted off of the sun lounger and realised he was carrying me bridal style.

"Jug! Don't you dare!" I shouted realising we were stood at the edge of the pool.

"I apologize in advance" he said before throwing me in as I shrieked.

I came up out of the water and swam over to the edge of the pool. I yanked him in with me.

"That's what you get" I spoke smugly.

"Come here" he spoke smiling. He wrapped his arms round me and brought me into a long and passionate kiss. We pulled apart and rested our heads together; the water rippling around us. I felt loved.

A/N I loved writing this!!!! Please leave some suggestions! There'll be another one soon that someone requested (it's about a holiday) Suggest any ideas!❤️