New guy Pt2

"What?" I whispered.

"I'm so sorry Jug. I should've told you, I was scared you-"

"You said you didn't date anyone else between our breakup" I confirmed angrily. I moved off of his lap, knowing he was upset now.

"I know! I shouldn't have lied but...I didn't want to re-live it" she trailed off.

"Re-live what?"

"He...he abused me" she choked out. My eyes widened and I instantly grabbed her hands to stop them from curling up.

"Baby..." I whispered at a loss for words.

"I'm so sorry Jug" she sobbed.

"No, no I don't want to hear you apologize. You have nothing to be sorry for. Betts, can you tell me what he did?" I asked. She nodded and I prepared myself to hear the horrible events that took place.

Betty's POV

I explained to him the same thing I did to Veronica, well maybe more detailed as I didn't want to hide anything from him, and also told him what had happened tonight. It was tough to repeat and I could barely look him in the eye. I'd lied to him all of this time and didn't know how he was going to react.

"Jug...please say something" I choked out as he sat in silence.

"Please..." I sobbed placing my head in my hands. I felt myself being lifted onto his lap again and pressed against him; I rested my head on his chest and clutched his shirt.

"Ssh it's okay. You're safe" he whispered whilst running his hand through my hair.

"I should've waited for you. I wondered why you were in here so long but I just shrugged it off. He got his hands on you again, he shouldn't have been able to be near you ever again and he did. I'm meant to protect you" he cursed himself. I lifted my head off of his chest and cupped his cheeks.

"No. No do not blame yourself. That's what he wants, he wants to tear us apart. I'm not going to let you beat yourself up over something that isn't your doing. You didn't know anything and if you did I know you would've protected me okay?" I confirmed. He nodded but still looked doubtful.

"Jug, it is not your fault. Okay?" I asked again. He hesitated but nodded and I pecked his lips.

"I need to go and sort him out" he said getting angry again.

"What are you going to do?" I asked worriedly.

"Get rid of him"

"Jug, no. You don't mean that" I spoke with a wobbly voice.

"Yes I do! He doesn't deserve to live after everything he's put you through!" he shouted.

"Jughead! If you kill him then you go to prison; I'll lose you for good! I'm not going to let that happen!" I shouted back.

"Fine! I'm still going to rough him up and then I'll decide what I'm going to do with him!" he shouted and stormed out.

Jugheads POV

I stormed through the now empty bar and Cheryl tried to speak to me.

"Oh, Jug! How's-"

"Not now Cheryl" I spoke and ran down the stairs to the basement. Toni and Sweetpea had already done some damage to his face whilst Fangs questioned him. I walked over and they stood back. I crouched down and glared at him, fire brewing in my stomach.

"You think you can get away with this? You aren't going anywhere. You're a sick, evil and manipulative human being who doesn't deserve to be on this earth. I would kill you if I could"