Let her go

A/N this is after 3x20 so please don't read if you haven't watched it yet💗💗💗 otherwise enjoy!🌟

The girl began to throw things into her suitcase, not even bothering to fold her clothes and place them in neatly. She pulled open every drawer and took everything out of each one.

"Betty? What are you doing?" her best friend asked.

"I...I need to go" Betty spoke.

"What?"

"Veronica, just let me get on with this" she complained.

"Where are you going?" Veronica asked worriedly.

"The farm" Betty choked out, holding back a myriad of tears.

"WHAT? Betty are you insane?" Veronica shouted.

"No! No I'm not safe anymore! The farm will keep me safe...they will keep me safe. They promised" she trailed off with a whisper.

"Who, who promised?" Veronica pushed further as she grabbed Betty's hands to stop her from packing.

"Edgar... he...he promised me"

"Look, let's just sit down okay? I'll make us some tea and we can talk about this" she suggested softly.

"No! No I don't have time"

"There's no way in hell I'm letting you go to that place! Betty you're far from safe there! I can get extra security so you're protected, I'll even get you a bodyguard. I'll talk to my mum; she won't say no to me" Veronica pleaded.

"No, no I can't put you in danger. I have to go...I have to go.... I need to go" she repeated. Veronica was running out of ways to stop her best friend making a huge mistake.

"Please, Betty. You need to listen to me, you aren't safe there"

"Just let me pack okay!" Betty lashed out, shocking Veronica. She swiftly walked out leaving the broken girl behind, she knew who to call. If she couldn't persuade her, he sure could.

Jughead's POV

"Thank god you're here Jug" Veronica sighed as she let me in.

"I got here as soon as I could, where is she?" I asked pulling my helmet off of my head.

"The room she's staying in- second floor, first door on the right. I'll be in the kitchen" she spoke and hurried off. I walked up the stairs and knocked on the door. I didn't get a response but could hear light sobs so I pushed the door open lightly. She was curled up in the corner of the large designer room, head in knees and crying almost inaudibly. It broke my heart to see her like this, losing her inner strength and slowly but surely giving up on the fight against the evil that consumes this town. Instead it had started to consume her.

"Betts..." I sighed walking over to her. I placed my hand on her knee making her jump and look up in fright.

"Hey hey, it's just me" I assured. She'd been jumpy ever since the prom night attack. Who could blame her? I put my hand behind her head and pressed a long kiss on her forehead as she continued to let the tears fall.

"You're safe" I whispered. I pulled away but she clung onto my shirt. I smiled sadly and picked her up bridal style before placing her on the bed so she would be more comfortable.

"Don't leave" she choked out.

"I'm just going to get you some water. I promise I'll be right back" I reassured before rushing off.

"How is she?" Veronica asked.

"Not good, she was just sobbing in the corner" I told truthfully.

"She can't go there Jug. We can't let her" she spoke tearing up.

"Don't worry Ronnie. I'm not gonna let anything happen to her" I reassured. She nodded and passed me the glass of water. I thanked her and ran back upstairs. Betty was under the duvet, crying with her back to me. I placed the glass on the bedside table next to her before sitting on the edge. I took a strand of her golden hair and carefully threaded it behind her ear.

"He's after me Jug. I can't stay here" she choked out.

"Baby, the farm isn't safe. You know what it does to people, what it's done to our friends, to your mum."

"But Edgar promised I'd be safe there" she sobbed.

"And I'm promising that you'll be safe with me. My dad's the sheriff, he can protect you."

"But you'd be putting yourself, JB and him in danger" she protested.

"I've been training with dad for ages, I'll be fine. JB is one tough girl, she had to be since she always travelled with mum. You can go back to your old room, the nightmares will decrease and I'll feel better knowing you're safe, rather than worrying about you. We'll both get a good amount of sleep for once" I tried to persuade. She nodded doubtfully, making me smile slightly and stroke her right cheek.

"Get some sleep, I'll help you pack tomorrow" I spoke moving the suitcase off of the bed.

"Wait! Can you stay?" she asked as I was about to leave.

"Of course" I agreed and climbed into bed next to her. She rolled over and tucked into my chest.

"I love you"

"I love you too" I responded and kissed her hair. She would be safe now.

A/N bit of a short one, but could be some potential for a part two? Not sure about what but could do... Anyways, thanks for reading as always! Please comment some suggestions 💗💗💗