Anniversary

Jughead Jones wasn't one for big gestures. He certainly didn't want any attention. That's why it would be just them two, like it should be. He asked Pop's to clear the diner especially for them, he wouldn't let anything go wrong.

Betty Cooper had always dreamed of her perfect future as a child. Of course it was forced onto her and controlled by her mother but she could only dream. Now she didn't want perfect, she didn't want planned. She just wanted him.

*Messenger*

Jughead🤓: Hey Betts, meet me at Pop's tomorrow. 6pm sharp XX

Betty❤️: I'll be there Jones XX

Jughead was shaking. Of course the lively Veronica Lodge had assured him that everything would be fine and his life long, red headed friend Archie Andrews had full confidence in him, but Jughead still felt sick. He barely slept a wink that night, going over and over the plan in his head so he wouldn't mess it up.

He woke up the next morning and spent the whole day preparing for 6pm.

Betty wanted to make a real effort. She wore a black-laced crop top with blue skinny jeans and her hair in a ponytail. She applied a small amount of makeup knowing Jughead preferred her natural state and she spritzed some perfume.

Jughead sat in Pop's waiting for Betty to turn up. He looked down at his phone and it was exactly 6pm when the beautiful blonde walked in, she was always one for punctuality. Her face lit up and she walked over to him giving him a quick peck on the lips before sitting opposite.

"Why is no one else here?" She asked looking around.

"I thought we could just have some time to ourselves" he replied. At that point Pop came out with there usual orders and some extra fries to share.

"Thanks Pop" they both said staring down at the delicious fast food. Their meal conversations were light and contained giggles and chuckles from each side. Betty went to the bathroom giving Jughead the perfect opportunity to confirm the plan with Pop.

Betty's POV
I walked back out of the bathroom before going back to our booth. Jughead wasn't there so I looked around and walked over to Pop who was looking at his computer screen.

"Hey Pop, you seen Jug?" I asked. He smiled and passed me an envelope.

Sorry to leave so sudden. Make your way to the bijou,
Jughead xx

I smiled and started to walk the short distance to the drive in. I got there and walked up to the booth where there was another note.

Help yourself to some popcorn xx

At this point I was super confused. I grabbed a bucket of popcorn and checked what movie was showing. Rebel without a cause! One of my favourite movies of all time.

I spotted Jugheads truck and went to go sit in it. Weirdly, no one else was here. I wrapped the blanket round me and started watching, still wondering where Jughead was.

Jugheads POV
I waited until half way through the movie before shutting it off. The screen went blank and I saw Betty looking super confused.

"Jug? You here?" I heard her shout. I waited for her to walk away from the truck before I got to my position.

Betty's POV

I got to the booth and pushed the door open to reveal Jughead....on one knee....with a ring box...

My heart stopped and he smiled up at me almost frightened.

"Jug..." I breathed out.

"Betty, you are the most important person in my life. The only one who ever believed in me and told me I was worth it. I never believed that I deserved anyone as good as you no matter how much you assured me but you accepted me, you accepted my family and you accepted my faults. And I swear to you I will spend every single day showing you how much that means to me if you just answer my one question" he spoke confidently but with a hint of nerves.

"Betty Cooper, will you marry me?" he asked in hope.

"YES YES YES!" I squealed as he placed the ring on my finger before picking me up and twirling me around. I wrapped my legs round his waist as he held me up by my butt. I leaned in and kissed him slowly and passionately. We pulled away for air and our noses ghosted eachothers whilst I smiled widely.

"Mrs Jones" I whispered.

"I love it" he whispered back.

"I love you" I spoke ghosting my lips over is before tapping our noses together again.

"I love you too" he spoke brining our foreheads to touch before pulling me into another kiss.

I was officially Mrs Jones to be.

A/N requested by jocelynmaletta ! Thankyou for everyone's support!! Please leave some suggestions in the comments as I'm stuck ❤️❤️

Bughead OneshotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara