Complicated Pt2

Betty's POV

That was the last string. The thing that broke my mother and I's relationship forever. We would never be the same again...

This was my new life. Grounded basically until I moved out, strict curfews on when I should be home from school. She had to know who's house I was studying at. She also took my phone and deleted Jughead's contact. My diary was taken as his number was in there and she didn't return my diary. I think she's read most of it, I caught her once. Just sat there flicking through it, it had information on how mine and Jughead's relationship started and the secrets we kept and how we stayed private. My mum basically became a paranoid and possessive mother. Sometimes she hated me so much, I would get hit. Slapped around the face usually. I was use to it by now, numb to the pain.

3 months after Jughead's departure

"Elizabeth. I'm going to work, study all day or you'll have another mark on your face" Alice called from outside Betty's door.

"Yes mother" Betty spoke before her mother left. She sat in bed and traced her fingers of her scarred palms before looking into the mirror. A red hand print had marked her face from the events of last night. She traced her thumb over the mark and winced, tears sprung from her eyes.

Jughead's POV

I woke up early that morning in my hotel room and got ready for work. I had gotten a job at a small bookstore and was earning decent pay...well at least enough to stay in this hotel. Three months of couch crashing, hotel booking and sometimes I even had to sleep on the streets. Life had taken a turn for the worst. Living on the streets broke me, I had physical scars like bruises and cuts from fights. But nothing compared to the mental scars, everything I had witnessed, all of the cold nights, the danger I fought. I could never escape it...

"Morning Jughead!" Kyle, my coworker cheered.

"I still can't understand how you're so joyous in the morning Kyle" Jughead sighed.

"Someone's gotta be optimistic around here" Kyle chuckled.

Betty's POV

The home phone rang and Betty picked it up.

"Hey girl, it's V"

"Oh...hey V. What's up?"

"I'm bored, you wanna go shopping?" Veronica asked.

"I can't, mum said I have to study all day" I left out the threat part. Veronica knew my mum had the curfews and the grounding in place but she didn't know about the abuse.

"Oh come on! Just use some old notes as proof, I'll get you home in time I swear. Betty, you deserve a break and she'll never know. Plus doesn't she pull all nighters?" Veronica questioned.

"Yeah, she's out for two nights" I confirmed.

"There you go then! She won't have a clue!"

"I guess you're right. Okay, come pick me up in 10" I smiled. The call ended and I went upstairs to get dressed. I put on a pair of blue skinny ripped jeans and a pink crop top. Clothing that my mum never let me wear out. I also applied more makeup than usual and added some pink lipgloss.

*Shopping*

3rd person

The girls had gone out of Riverdale to go shopping. They had been around a few clothes shops and already had stacks of bags. Betty's excuse was already set up. She would say to her mum that Veronica was throwing out a bunch of her clothes before buying new ones, and had given them to Betty.