Babysitting

Betty and Jughead had agreed to look after Juniper and Dagwood so Polly could go on her business trip for two nights. Both of them were excited to have there niece and nephew over but as the two were loud 5 year olds it would be a struggle.

The doorbell rang and Betty opened it to reveal Polly holding the hands of the twins.

"Pols! June, Dag!" Betty cheered and hugged Polly quickly before hugging the twins.

"Where's uncle Jug?" Dag asked almost immediately.

"He's at work right now but he'll be home soon" Betty smiled. June was already clinging onto Betty's right leg making her laugh.

"You sure this is okay sis?" Polly asked.

"Of course! I love my niece and nephew. Now go and work your butt off" Betty assured and hugged her sister. They got their stuff out of the car before saying goodbye to Polly and going into the living room.

"Okay kiddos, what do you want for dinner?" she asked.

"Pop's Pop's Pop's!" they both cheered in unison, a laugh falling out of Betty's lips.

"Pop's it is, now whilst we wait for uncle Jug do you want to play something?" she asked. So the three of them played numerous amount of games for two hours before the door opened. Dag jumped up and ran out of the room whilst June put down her dolls.

Jughead's POV

I opened the door and put down my laptop case before seeing Dag running up to me.

"Hey little man!" I greeted as I picked him up.

"Uncle Jug!" he cheered. June came running after him and hugged my leg like she does with everyone.

"Hiya June. Where's your auntie?" I asked.

"Right here" Betty smiled after snapping a picture of me with the kids. I rolled my eyes and frowned at her for the picture but she just giggled at me.

"Go get your coats kids" she ordered, making them run off. I smirked and wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her close.

"Hey you" I whispered, brushing her hair back.

"Hey" she whispered back, a smirk playing on her lips. I pressed my lips against hers as her hand cupped my cheek, pulling us even closer. We pulled away and brushed noses before the twins ran back into the room ready to go to Pop's.

"Come on then kiddos" Betty smiled, picking June up and holding Dags hand as she walked them to the car.

"Motorcycle!" Dag cheered.

"Sorry bud, you're a bit too young" I chuckled making Dag sulk.

"Cheer up bud, tell you what after this we can go to the park for a bit yeah?" I negotiated. His face brightened as he nodded vastly.

At Pop's

The kids were greeted warmly by Pop as they sat down in the booth.

"Okay I've got all your orders, it will be out soon" he exclaimed with his usual jolly manor. I could see that Dag was still in a bad mood and was sat in silence which was unusual for him.

"Dag? You okay?" I asked.

"I wanna go on motorcycle" he whined making Betty awe at him.

"Tell you what, when you're a little older in a few years I'll let you ride on the back yeah? Only if your mum agrees" I spoke.

"Okayyyyy" he agreed.

"Here you go kids!" Pop's cheered as he placed their food down.

"Don't tell my other customers, but this is on the house" he said quietly.

"Oh, no Pop we can't accept that" Betty shook her head.

"Yeah, we'll pay in full" I added.

"Nonsense you two. I'm not taking no for an answer, plus I'm expecting you to be bringing kids of your own in here soon" he chuckled making the couple share an awkward glance. The truth is they hadn't had that conversation yet. They were in their early 20s and of course neither doubted eachothers abilities to raise a child. Betty was ecstatic to one day have kids but Jughead.... he truly believed he would fail his kids. That's what all the Jones' did anyway.

At the park

Betty's POV

"Okay you two, last to the ice-cream van has to push the other on the swings!" Jughead announced making the two of them rush off.

"Baby, you okay?" he asked softly, intertwining our hands as we walked towards the van.

"Yeah I'm okay" I swallowed down the nerves in my throat.

"We'll talk later" he promised and pecked my lips before putting a smile on and going to buy the twins their ice-cream.

The kids ran around the park, playing on each piece of equipment. The area was filled with the joyful giggles of the 5 year olds as they moved from swing to swing.

"Betts...about what Pop said" Jughead started after a long silence on the bench.

"It's okay Jug...we don't have to talk about it" I responded, not wanting to push him.

"I want to. Look I know we haven't really spoken about kids and although I love this I do get that it won't always be this perfect. It will be chaos and it will drain us but I love the idea of having kids. I just wish I could stop panicking over it..." he sighed.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"My great grandfather failed my grandfather. My grandfather failed my dad. My dad failed me. My mum failed me. It's like some Jones curse, they all fail their kids and...I don't want that for our kid or for you" he confessed.

"Jug...you're nothing like them. I know you. Like you said it won't be picture perfect but I promise you... you'll be so much better than them. You were the first Jones to graduate. The first Jones to go to college. The first to get a successful job. You can be the first Jones to be the incredible dad that I know you can be" I encouraged, hating how he constantly doubts himself because of his family. He smiled at my words and held my hand tightly.

"I just want to be a good dad"

"You will be! We're a team Jug, we will go through it all together. All of the highs and lows. We can wait...but I want you to know that you are going to be amazing" I tried to convince. He nodded and went back to sitting in silence. All of a sudden we heard loud crying from the swings. Jughead literally jumped up and ran over to where June had fallen on the floor. I rushed after him and we both knelt down in front of her.

"June, what happened?" I asked as Jughead tried to wipe her falling tears.

"I fell of the swings...my knee hurts" she sobbed as Dag ran over in worry. I rolled her leggings up to her knee and there was a pretty nasty gash on it.

"Okay, come on let's get you back. We can clean it at home" Jughead instructed. He picked her up whilst I held Dag's hand and we made it to the car.

Jughead's POV

I finished cleaning June's knee and put a large plaster on it before helping her into bed. It was now 8:00pm and I got into bed with Betty, watching TV.

"I don't get you Jones. You were amazing with the kids today. A complete natural, you don't ever need to worry" Betty complimented.

"They're just likeable kids" I smiled back.

"Well you're a likeable guy"