Marriage

How do you fix a broken marriage? A marriage where your best friend has become a stranger? Where he hasn't held you in his arms for what seems like forever. Where the very few moments where your lips meet, those butterflies stay still. Where most of your dialogue involves shouting, blaming and sighs of frustration. Where you turn away from each other in bed, his arms far from your waist as you fall asleep with silent tears. 

Bettys POV

Its 6am. I wash my tear stained face along with the mascara I forgot to take off last night. I go back to our bedroom and glance over at him. A curl in his face, him breathing softly. My eyes begin the cloud up again but I quickly regain control and get dressed. Grabbing my bag, I take a bite of my apple and leave the house.

Jugheads POV

Its 7am. She's already gone so I get up and get dressed. I make the bed and sort my messy hair out before rushing downstairs. Grabbing my laptop, I take a bite of my breakfast bar and leave the house. I get to my editors' office and we begin to review the next chapter of my book.

"Mr Jones not only was your chapter sent to me after the deadline, it is also not up to the standard of your other chapters. I'm afraid you will have to do more than just a few bits of editing" he explained. I sighed, knowing full well how bad it was.

"Ethan, I'm trying here. It just won't work, nothing is working" I complained, rubbing my hands over my face.

"Jughead, I know this is a lot of pressure but this is your third book now. You have two best sellers, this pressure isn't new to you at all. In fact, you thrive under pressure. So you need to pull it together and get this finished. I've got to get it to the publishers" Ethan replied. I can tell he's trying not to get angry with me. I nodded and left the room before making it to my car. My head rested on the steering wheel as I let my tears fall. How the hell did I end up like this?

Betty's POV

I made it to work and put my bag down. The office was silent as I began to type up my column. A reminder came up on my screen that the deadline for this one was tomorrow. I had only just managed to start so I would need to pull an all nighter in order to finish. There goes my sleep.

"Betty! How are you?" a colleague asked happily.

"I'm fine thanks" I lied. No one really wanted to know, it's just small talk to them. She smiled politely before sitting down at her desk. Resting my head on the desk, I let the tears fall. How the hell did I end up like this?

Evening

It was 1am and I was starting to panic. Jughead still wasn't home. What if he's hurt? The last thing we did was argue. 

The door opened and in he walked, not a scratch or mark.

"Where the hell have you been?" I asked.

"Work?" he replied rudely.

"Its 1am. I was worried sick! You could've called, or even messaged!" I shouted.

"Oh, and you deny that you're controlling" he scoffed.

"Im worried! Im scared you wont come home at night!" I argued.

"You didn't seem worried yesterday when you told me to leave" he sneered.

"You know what, im sick of trying to reason with you. I cant deal with your bullshit anymore" I choked on my own words. Not wanting to stand there any longer, I trudged up the stairs and into the bathroom. I stood in front of the mirror and looked at someone I didn't recognise. I was the girl next door hopelessly in love with the Southside bad boy when I was younger. Now what am I? Not even wanting to think about it, I got into bed and started writing up my column.