Come home

A/N inspired by a oneshot I saw a few months ago. I couldn't find it but if I do I'll link their username.
_________________________

"Mr Jones-"

"Jughead" he corrected.

"Jughead, you have to consider the fact that this tour could extend to a couple of weeks longer" Steve spoke.

"No, we said it would be 6 weeks and that's it. I have to get back to my family" Jughead argued.

"But if you extend it our sales will be through the roof! Not to mention if you do that magazine interview you've been putting off" Steve suggested.

"Forget it. I know your my PA and you're just trying to help but it's my book and my tour. I'm going home in two weeks and that's final" Jughead spoke in an attempt to close the conversation.

"If I can't sway your decision-"

"You can't" Jughead interrupted burying his face into the soft white hotel pillows.

"-then I'll just inform you that your signing starts at 10:00am tomorrow" he spoke making Jughead groan. Steve left the room so Jughead took the opportunity to finally call his family. His fingers danced along the keys in a rushed manor as he loaded Skype onto his laptop. The call was accepted and a huge grin swept across his face and his wife appeared on screen.

"Hey Betts" he spoke softly.

"Hey Jug" she whispered causing him to furrow his eyebrows.

"Daniel's asleep" she spoke noticing his confusion.

"Mummy! What's for food?"

"Juliet shh! Your brother's asleep, and I'm not sure what we are having yet" Betty spoke making Jughead laugh. This alerted the five year old as she heard the voice echo from Betty's laptop.

"Daddy?" she said a little quieter this time.

"Hey munchkin" he spoke softly. She popped up on screen and smiled at him.

"When are you coming home?" Juliet asked. Jughead's face dropped and he sighed wishing he was at home cuddled up on the couch with his family instead of living in some new stuffy hotel room week after week.

"Soon Jules." He spoke.

"Jug? Something you're not telling me?" Betty asked seeing the suspicious look on his face. Before he could answer Daniel seemed to have woken up because he heard loud cries from the other room.

"Oh god, I only just put him down. Jules stay here" Betty spoke and rushed off to soothe the 1 year old.

All Jughead could hear were the cries fading at the sound of Betty's beautiful voice sending himself in to a trance.

"Daddy? Daddy did you freeze?" Juliet spoke breaking him out of his trance.

"Sorry Jules. Connection problem" he lied.

"Are you being good?" he asked knowing she loves to be a troublemaker.

"Yeah! Just like you made me promise. I've been helping Mummy out"

"Good girl."

"Well there was that one time..." she spoke looking down. Jughead knew that look all to well, she was very good at trying to get away with things.

"Juliet Jones, what did you do?" he asked. He was never that formal but he could tell she was ashamed.

"I didn't meant to! I was watching TV and he just tried to grab to control thingy and I accidentally hit him" she sulked.

"Hit who?" he asked.

"Daniel"

"Juliet! He's one years old!"

"I know and I did say sorry! We got him checked out and he's fine" she panicked.

"Okay, but don't ever do something like that again. You have to be more careful or you could seriously hurt him" he spoke sternly. She nodded and did a crossing heart motion.

Betty walked back in the room and sat down sighing. Only then did Jughead actually see what state she was in. Her hair was chucked into a messy bun, her eyes were red rimmed and bloodshot with bags underneath. She had Jugheads hoodie on and a pair of leggings with what looked like the remains of Daniel's dribble.

"Right he's down for a nap. No doubt he'll be awake again soon. Jules can you go and watch TV or something. I need to speak to your dad." Betty spoke rubbing her face.

"Okay, bye daddy. Love you!"

"Love you too munchkin" he spoke as he watched her disappear of the screen.

"Jug when are you coming home?" Betty asked desperately.

"Two weeks baby" he spoke causing a sad look to appear on his wife's face.

"I need these weeks to go by so fast. I really need you" she spoke. He really didn't want to do this tour, it was a deal between him and his PA and now he was regretting it.

"I know. I wish you guys could come out to the tour with me somehow" he spoke.

"I know Jug but I can't miss work. I've got so many meetings coming up and then taking the kids out of routine will be apsoloute chaos" Betty rambled.

"It's fine Betts, I know it isn't possible. I just really miss my family" he sighed.

"We really miss you too" she spoke smiling.

"Sorry to interrupt Mr J- I mean Jughead, but you have a meeting to attend to discuss tomorrow's event" Steve spoke walking in.

"Do you ever knock?" Jughead asked looking away from his screen.

"On occasion. Anyway your meeting is in 15 minutes so get changed and ready and be downstairs in 10" Steve spoke before exiting the room.

"Baby I have to go"

"Okay, I'll call you later?" she asked yawning.

"Gorgeous you need rest. Call me tomorrow" he spoke. Although he'd love to spend all night talking to her it was clear that she'd been up most nights taking care of the kids. Guilt washed over him at this fact, when he should be there with her to help.

"Okay"

"I promise I'll be home soon Betts. I love you" he spoke.

"Love you too" she finished before we ended the call. He lay flat on his bed and sighed, of course he loved the new recognition for his book and he was ecstatic about the sale percentages but god he missed his family.