Forgotten pt2

Both looked broken. Both felt broken. Both were broken.

Betty walked through the hallways over to the blue and gold. She walked in and noticed that Jughead was stood there.

"Oh...um" she stuttered.

"Don't...I just came to say I'm quitting" he spoke and left. She only had a few seconds but noticed that his beanie had gone and his face was pale, bloodshot and tired. He'd quit the blue and gold? She rushed after him and stopped him in the hallway.

"But you love writing" she spoke confused.

"Yeah, well not anymore" he said coldly and stormed off. Jughead Jones had given up writing? But he adored writing, it made him feel safe, it was his outlet to escape. And that's when Betty realised she'd broke him.

Jughead walked through the halls and glanced over at Betty. Her face was pale, bloodshot and tired. Her ponytail was gone and her beautiful smile had disappeared.

"B why didn't you go to cheerleading yesterday?" Veronica spoke as Jughead overheard. "I quit" Betty answered simply. Jughead knew that Betty adored cheerleading. It made her feel good about herself and she felt so proud to be on the team. Surely she didn't quit? And that's when Jughead realised he'd broke her.

They were both feeling the same way. Anger, frustration, love, hatred, sadness, anxious, lost, alone. All of these emotions swirling in their stomach's that could only be settled by eachothers warmth.

Veronicas POV
I was sat in a booth with Archie, Cheryl and Kevin and decided to speak about the elephant in the room.

"Okay guys we can't just ignore this. Our two best friends are hurting" I spoke.

"What can we do? We all know how stubborn they both are." Archie sighed rubbing his forehead.

"Nothing. We can all see that they still love eachother, so they'll find there way back to eachother. No matter how long it takes" Kevin spoke.

"But can't we just-" I started but Cheryl interrupted.

"Listen to Kevin. Don't interfere with true love" Cheryl spoke. I sighed and gave up knowing I wasn't going to win. I just hate seeing them like this and want to fix it, but I guess they're right. I can't fix this one.

*2 weeks later*

The blonde turned up at his trailer after not being at school for days. He'd actually messaged her out of concern but she blanked him. Her mum let her have those days off because she'd found Betty digging her nails into her skin again. She hadn't done it in ages because Jughead was there to stop here but when she realised he wasn't she did it. Today Betty felt the need to see his face, his god damn gorgeous face.

He opened the door and his eyes widened. He pulled her in for a hug and squeezed her tight.

"Thank god you're okay. I thought something bad had happened to you." He breathed out. She felt warm against his touch but pulled apart quickly. He looked down and invited her into the trailer. They sat on the couch and Jughead let out a loud sigh.

"What are you doing here Betty?" He asked not meaning to sound rude but it came out that way.

"Oh, um I can leave it you want" she said getting up but he grabbed her arm.

"No don't go. I didn't mean it like that" he pleaded. She nodded and sat back down as he self consciously took his hand away from her arm.

"So why are you here?" he asked.

She turned to him and looked into his eyes. She sighed and looked down.

"Because... because... Because for god sake I need you. Juggie I need you so much it hurts. I miss you like hell and every fucking time I close my eyes I see your face and every time I hear your name I wanna cry and every single time I see your clothes in my wardrobe I want to hug you. I can't live without you Jug" Betty cried in embarrassment of the sudden outburst. Jughead saw how much pain she was in and just wanted to make it go away, he wanted to kiss her, hug her, stroke her hair. But he couldn't, he'd lost that right weeks ago. But he wanted that right back, he was determined to fight for it.

"Betts I'm so so sorry. I'm an idiot. An apsoloute idiot and I swear to you that I never wanted to hurt you on purpose. I haven't been prioritizing the most important things to me and I've just been so distracted. There's no excuse for the amount of times I let you down but you've got to know that these past two weeks have proved that I need you in my life. I've missed you so god damn much and all I've wanted to do is see you, kiss you and hug you but I know I can't. I know I've lost that privilege and whoever else gets it is one lucky guy because you Betty Cooper are the most amazing girl I've ever, and will ever meet" he spoke truthfully using all of his heart. Her damp face softened at his words as she saw the tears dripping off of his face showing that he really cared.

"I don't want anyone else Juggie. I want you. I want you to be the one to kiss me, hug me, make me feel loved. Please come back to me" she sobbed.

"I love you so god damn much Betts" he spoke.

"I love you too" she spoke looking down at his soft lips that she'd missed so much. She leaned in and their lips met in perfect harmony. They moved in sync for a while before pulling apart.

"I missed that" she whispered.

"I've missed you" he spoke. He then noticed the white bandages wrapped around her palms that had recently been covered by the hoodie.

"Betts... Have you been?" he spoke breathless.

"Yes but I know what you're thinking Juggie. It's not your-"

"Oh my god I made you do that. This is all my fault" he said standing up in shock.

"No Jug it's not-" she joined him in standing up but he interrupted.

"Betty I'm so sorry.  I feel so damn-" he raised his voice but she cut him off with a kiss. She cupped his cheeks and deepened it before they pulled away.

"Juggie it's okay. The only reason I ever stopped was because you were there. I'm the one who pushed you away, not you. It's not your fault" she spoke. He dropped his head still not believing it.

"Juggie listen to me. It's not your fault" she spoke still cupping his cheeks and lifting his head. He nodded sadly and she pecked his lips.

Later that night the couple were cuddled up in bed, bare bodies against eachother after their passionate evening together. Their panting turned to heavy breaths and they were holding eachother close.

"That was amazing" Betty sighed happily.

"God I missed your voice" he spoke. She giggled and pecked his lips.

"And that adorable giggle" he spoke staring at her.

"Stop" she spoke.

"Stop what?"

"Looking at me like that" she giggled.

"I can't help it. You're beautiful" he spoke. She rolled her eyes as her cheeks were tinted pink.

The happy couple walked into school the next day, Jugheads arm slung over her shoulder and Betty giggling at his goofy words. As they walked through the halls everyone smiled that the couple had reunited and were finally happy again. All was right in the halls of Riverdale high. As they reached the break room Kevin smiled.

"Look" he spoke to Archie, Kevin and Cheryl who all turned their heads. Betty and Jughead were stood in the doorway and she leaned up to peck his lips with her text books in her arms before he put his arms around her waist and swung her round making her giggle.

"Aww" Veronica smiled.

"Told you. Don't interfere with true love" Cheryl smiled and high-fived Kevin. It truly was a great day in Riverdale high.

A/N part two as requested! I love this one! I love taking suggestions so request whatever you want and I'll be happy to write it! Love you all ❤️❤️