Treehouse Pt2

Jugheads POV

We'd been in the treehouse for two days now and Betty isn't coping. Her leg is swollen, she's been sick three times and she's constantly having panic attacks.

"Betty listen, I really think you should go to hospital" I suggested whilst she was eating the crisps I bought her.

"What? I'm fine" she shrugged as if I was ludicrous.

"Fine? You're not fine you're sick!"

"Jughead I'm fine. End of conversation"

"No, we are stuck in this treehouse and you're not coping! You need help! I'm getting you help" I spoke standing up.

"I don't want help!" she shouted making me jump back.

"I...I can't... I can't let them find me" she spoke quietly.

"Betty who? Who's them?"

"I can't...I can't" she shivered.

"Please Betty. I want to help" I spoke sitting back down.

"Okay, b..b..but you have to promise not to take me to hospital" she demanded. I sighed but nodded.

"W...w...when I was younger my mum, well she sent me to this place. The Sisters of quiet Mercy, it was for mentally ill people. I was diagnosed with depression at 13 and used to well..." she stopped. Instead of explaining she just tugged up her sleeve to reveal scars running up her arms. I gasped and swallowed the lump in my throat.

"It turns out the place was evil, they would force us to take these drugs that would make us see things and made us work until we felt weak. They injected us with god knows what and they used to use burning hot stamps to mark us for punishment. I didn't follow the rules so they sent me down to this cellar. There was no light and...and it was freezing down there. It got so bad that I broke a glass bottle just to be able to harm myself. I've finally managed to get away and I can't risk them finding me. Why do you think I told you to go and get the food?" she finished. The trauma, the pain, the agony she's been through yet she is still so strong? It's crazy.

"Betty...I'm so sorry" I whispered.

"Don't be. My mum said I deserved it" she shrugged like it was normal.

"Then she's wrong. You didn't deserve anything that happened to you and the fact you are still pushing through it all proves how strong you are, but I need you to go to the hospital." I begged cupping her hands in mine.

"First, I've told you my story. I want to know yours"

"Betty-"

"No, tell me now or I won't be going anywhere near the hospital" she stated.

"Fine. When we first met and my face was...well all messed up, it wasn't from a fight. My dad, he's a gang leader and when I joined he used me for his fight nights."

"Fight nights?" she questioned.

"He would put me up against other guys to fight and then people would bet on us. Whoever placed a bet on who won got the money. My dad was running a whole gambling business from it and I was the one to beat. If I didn't win he would beat me up until I collapsed and then leave me there." I spoke trying not to think back to it.

"Oh my god, how are you still alive?" she asked.

"I had some good friends around me. They would find me and take me to hospital, make me an alibi and then try and keep me away from him. I spent as much time away from home as possible, but it got to the point where I couldn't handle it so I ran. Then I met you" I smiled at the memory of my friends.

"No one should go through that."

"It's over now, he can't get me. I'm just concerned about you, please go to the hospital" I begged.

"Okay" she croaked.

2 hours later

"That wasn't so bad was it?" I asked as we sat back in the treehouse.

"No" she smiled. It turns out the vomitting was just from the stress and since she had opened up to me she was coping better. Her leg was sprained so they had treated it and put it in a cast.

Betty's POV

"I was thinking, if I get a job and we use the funds my mum saved for college we could get a small apartment?" Jughead suggested as we led in our makeshift beds.

"What?" I asked turning to face him. However, it was pitch black so I could barely make out where he was.

"Think about it, we certainly can't stay here forever"

"You'd want me there?" I asked.

"Of course. I mean I'm not just gonna leave you up here am I?"

"But it's your money for the future"

"You've missed out on at least 3 years of education and I've missed loads from when I've been recovering. College is a pretty bleak option right now" he explained.

"Thank you, for everything" I whispered. He didn't reply but I could make out his small smile.

"Jug, I know this sounds weird but it's super cold and...well can I...you know" I stuttered nervously.

"Come here" he spoke- knowing what I meant- and turned the flashlight on. He opened up his arms and I crawled into them, closing my head against his chest. He wrapped the blankets around us and kissed my forehead.

"You're the best thing that has happened to me" he whispered. I smiled and looked up at him, not having the words to respond. Instead I did what I've been wanting to do since I met him, just one single thing. I leaned up as my eyes flickered to his lips and then back up again before they were pressed together. I was waiting for him to pull away...waiting....waiting....it wasn't happening. He wrapped his arms around me and deepened the kiss, we both sat up and he pulled me onto his lap so I was straddling him. His tongue entered my mouth and started to explore as I cupped his cheeks. We pulled away to catch our breaths and he smiled lovingly at me.

"Betty, I know this is the weirdest situation. The way we met, what's happened to us and this, but I feel something. I don't know what it is but I know I like you, a lot." he whispered searching my face for any signs of rejection.

"I've wanted to do that for ages now" I giggled.

"So Coop, will you come and live with me?" he asked sweetly. I wrapped my arms around his neck and nodded before bringing him back into a lighter kiss.

The two were lost, confused, a mess. They were eachothers ray of hope and that's what they both needed. Hope. Hope to someday live happily ever after and have the life they dreamed of. Life comes with its imperfections but you choose who to surround yourself with, these two chose eachother and it would later be the best decision ever made.

A/N  hope you guys like it! Not feeling brilliant about it but idk😬😬😬

Love you all💗💗💗