Good enough

A/N this is episode 2x14 after Jughead finds out about Barchie kiss and forgives Betty. Just thought of this randomly💗💗

After the couple had made up the four friends spent all afternoon playing monopoly together. Jughead had assured Betty that he had gotten over the incident.

"Okay let's take a break. Me and Arch will go down to the local shop and get some snacks whilst you two get the fire working and get some bowls and drinks out" Veronica suggested.

"Sure V" Betty replied before her friends left. They started the fire up and brought blankets and pillows down before going into the kitchen.

Betty's POV

Jughead was getting the drinks ready when I wrapped my arms around him from behind so my cheek was against his back.

"Baby, what are you doing?" he chuckled.

"I'm cold" I spoke causing him to turn around and smirk at me. I took the opportunity to put my hands on his cheeks and pull him in for a kiss. I deepened it as his hands went to my waist but all of a sudden he pulled away. I searched his face in confusion.

"Jug? You okay?" I asked, keeping my hands on his face.

"No" he spoke shortly.

"What's wrong? Did I do something?" I questioned worriedly.

"I just can't stop thinking about you and Archie" he sighed. My hands dropped from his cheeks as his hands left my waist.

"Jug nothings going on between us!" I scoffed.

"I know that. But it doesn't stop me thinking about you two" he complained.

"What can I do to make it go away?" I asked.

"Nothing. You can't do anything" he sighed.

"Right so I'm suppose to just leave it am I? You're the one that said you were okay with it" I bit back.

"I thought I was!" he protested.

"No, you just said you were because you couldn't be bothered to confront it" I interjected.

"Fine! Okay yes it bothers the hell out of me! What did you expect Betty? You've been pining over my best friend for years and as soon as you can't have him you suddenly want me? Does that not seem even the tiniest bit weird to you?" he shouted but clearly regretted every word by the look on his face.

"No! Because I only ever loved the idea of being with Archie, not loving him for him. There's a difference!" I shouted back.

"Guys! What the hell is all the shouting for?" Archie asked as him and Veronica walked in.

"Jughead here can't get over the frickin kiss" I complained.

"Jug, I promise you it was a spur of the moment thing. I'm with Ronnie" Archie swore.

"You just don't get it do you?! Listen I'm not gonna deal with this crap, I'm going out" he spoke and walked out slamming the door behind him. Tears rolled down my face as Veronica pulled me in for a hug.

"He'll come around B. I know he will" she assured.

"Why don't we go play another board game and have some snacks and drinks. It'll distract you" Archie suggested as he gave me a quick hug.

"Thanks guys" I sniffed and they smiled in return.

Jughead's POV

I came back at 10:43pm and the whole ground floor was silent. I trudged upstairs, deciding to go and get some pyjamas but sleep downstairs, towards the room Betty and I were sharing. I knocked softly just incase she was already asleep.

"Come in" I heard a timid and somber voice. I opened the door and avoided eye contact at all costs.

"Hey" she broke the silence.

"I just came to get some clothes. I'll sleep downstairs" I replied bluntly.

"You don't have to do that. I can sleep on the couch" she argued.

"No it's fine. I wouldn't want you to be uncomfortable" I assured making her smile lightly. Of course I was still upset but it didn't stop me from loving her to pieces. It never would stop me.

I grabbed my clothes and a blanket before rushing back downstairs and setting up the couch. I got changed in the bathroom before climbing into the makeshift bed. I turned off the lamp and discarded my beanie before bringing the covers over me.

I was alerted to a still pitch black room with the sounds of shuffling feet across from me. I leaned up and saw Betty trying to make her way to the kitchen. Her head turned to me and she looked back apologetically.

"Sorry, I couldn't sleep" she whispered.

3rd person

It was at that moment when he saw the damage he'd caused. The tear stained face, puffy eyes, sniffling nose, messy hair, dry lips and watery eyes. He'd sat by the river all day and had time to think, he realised he wasn't mad at Betty at all. He was mad at himself. Mad that he couldn't beat Archie, that he couldn't live up to Betty's standards.

"Betty, can we talk?" he asked as she stopped in the kitchen door way. She turned around and nodded before walking over to him. He sat up and she sat next to him, nervously playing with her hands. She always did that when she was nervous, it stopped her from...well digging them in.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I was angry and upset and I wasn't thinking straight. I'm just scared of losing you. I wake up everyday not knowing whether you've found someone better. Whether you've come to the obvious realisation that I'm not good enough for you" the boy poured his heart out to his favourite person. Nothing was held back now, his defenses were torn down and the cage around his heart had been unlocked.

"Jug, you can't say that about yourself. I only love you and that's it. That kiss, it meant nothing. I've regretted it ever since and I feel sick every time I acknowledge the fact that it's me who causes you this pain. I couldn't ever imagine not being with you, there's no one else I want more than you. Please don't doubt that for even a second" the girl begged. Maybe he wouldn't ever fully believe that he was the best person for her but she could at least try and convince him.

"I love you Jug. That's never going to change" she promised as she cupped his cheeks delicately. He looked into her sad eyes and nodded lightly. They brightened at the gesture before she made her own by pressing their lips together.

"I love you too" he replied as their foreheads rested together.

"You want to go back to bed?" he asked quietly.

"I'm too tired to even move" she giggled making him smile widely. They ended up cuddling under the blankets on the couch and stealing kisses from eachother in the darkness.

Veronicas POV

I woke up and decided to go and make some coffee. We were in for a long and very awkward day ahead. My poor B.

I walked downstairs and saw Jughead laying on the couch but with someone pressed against him. Betty. I smiled at the scene, her still fast asleep as he stroked her hair and pressed kisses against her forehead.

"Morning Jug" I whispered.

"Morning" he replied softly.

"I see you too are okay now?" I asked and he nodded happily.

"Thank god, I'll message Kevin. He was and I quote 'dying inside'" I notified making him laugh.

A/N hope you all liked it 💗💗 currently working through requests.