All night

Betty got home from school and saw a note on the fridge

Me and your dad went on a last minute business trip, be back in a few days

Can you do the laundry and bring my washing line in? It's going to be horrible weather tonight

Love mum xx

She took the note off and put it in the bin before putting a load of laundry on. She then grabbed a pizza out of the freezer and put it on for her dinner.

Later that night

Betty had fallen asleep whilst studying for an exam when all of a sudden she was woken by a loud rumbling in the sky. Thunder.

"No, no no" she whispered. Betty has always been afraid of thunder and lightning. She didn't know why but for some reason she would have nightmares about getting struck by lightning and now, even as a teenager she still sometimes gets them. Wrapping a blanket around her small body, she closed the curtains and sat on her window seat. She winced at every flash of light and jumped at every thunder strike. Her phone lit up and she quickly checked it.

Juggie😘: Hey baby, do you need me to come over?xx

Betty❤️: Please...I'm scared Jug xx

Juggie 😘: I might have to wait for it to calm down a bit. There's no way I can go on my bike, its way too dangerous

Betty❤️: How else can you get here?

Betty started to panic. Only Jughead knew about her fear, if he wasn't here she didn't know whether she would make it through the night.

Juggie😘: I'll find a way baby, just stay calm xx

Jughead's POV

"Dad, I need to go and see Betty" Jughead explained, walking into the kitchen where FP was making hot chocolates for JB and him.

"No. It's too dangerous son. It's completely hammering it down with rain and that lighting is ridiculously strong" he warned.

"Dad, our trailer could get struck. I'm literally safer at Betty's, she won't mind if we all come over. In fact she'd rather have more people. She just doesn't like thunder and lightning, she needs me" I begged. He stood and sighed in thought before nodding his head.

"We will go in my truck. I'll go the route that doesn't go through the woods, so we don't get struck. It takes 5 minutes so we should be okay" he agreed and went to tell my sister. I ran to my room and picked up my beanie and the t-shirt I wore earlier, both being for Betty. I then grabbed some of my own clothes.

Juggie😘: Baby, is it okay if my dad and sister stay? Our trailers not the safest during a storm xx

Betty❤️: Yeah that's fine! Is Toni, Fangs and Sweets safe?xx

Juggie😘: They'll be at the bar. Toni will be at Cheryl's xx

Betty❤️:Okay xx

Betty seemed fine over message but I'm pretty sure she'd already be freaking out. We have to be quicker. I ran out of my room with a bag of stuff and we all climbed into the truck.

Betty's POV

I wiped my tears and hiccuped before jumping at another lighting strike. I've never seen Riverdales weather so bad. We've had storms before, but never this bad. I feel like such a burden, making Jughead come over here in such disastrous weather. A knock on the door shook me out of my thoughts and I bolted down the stairs and opened the door. FP and Jellybean quickly got in to avoid getting soaked, I took their coats and hung them up to dry.