Monopoly

Suggested by BostonTerrierOreo sorry it took so long to write!! Currently working through a lot of suggestions so if I haven't done yours yet guys I'm sorry. Look out for them ❤️❤️

Betty's POV

My palms were sweating and my heart was racing. I don't even know why I was panicking so much. I mean yeah, I was meeting Jugheads mum for the first time but, it's not like she would hate me...I think. Jughead is still suspicious of her recent arrival in our crazy town but I genuinely think she wants to make amends. I've already met Jellybean, well it's JB now, and she's the sweetest yet moodiest teenager I've ever met.

"Hey Jug" I spoke and pecked him on the cheek as he stood at my door.

"You ready to go?" he asked.

"Yeah let me just get my bag" I spoke and rushed off to pick it up. We walked along the damp pavement, echoes of children playing in the park.

"How's JB?" I asked.

"Moody as always" he chuckled.

"And your mum?"

"I don't know. One minute she's acting all family this and family that and the next minute she has no interest. It's like something else is going on" he sighed.

"I'm sure it's nothing Jug. You could be overthinking" I suggested.

"She's left before, what's to stop her doing it again" he spoke. I halted making him pause his walk, turning to him I placed my hand on his cheek and looked into his eyes.

"Jug, I know you're worried about her leaving but your mum is making the effort. Make up for the time you lost together and put aside everything else. She loves you, okay?" I said softly. He nodded and I kissed his cheek before continuing to walk, intertwining our hands as we did.

We made it to his trailer and as we walked through the sweet smell of baked goods swirled through the air.

"Betty!" FP said and hugged me before taking my jacket.

"Hey FP!" I smiled. JB walked up to me and hugged me.

"You've perked up" Jughead joked.

"Cause Betty's here" JB spoke making me laugh.

"Ah, you must be Betty. Alice's daughter right?" a women came through the room.

"That's me" I said. She hugged me and smiled.

"Nice to meet you finally. Jug doesn't stop going on about you" she laughed. I smiled and sat on the couch next to JB who wanted to show me something on her phone.

"Foods ready!" Gladys called through the kitchen about 30 minutes later. I sat in between Jughead and JB eating an amazing pasta dish. My phone rang and I apologized before picking it up and leaving the table.

"Betty, where are you?" my mum asked.

"At Jughead's having lunch. Why?" I sighed.

"Edgar has organised a get together at the farm. He won't be attending but I'd like to invite you. He says we should spend more time together, really connect" she spoke making me roll my eyes.

"I'm busy"

"Wouldn't you rather speak to your mother than whoever you're with?"

"I've already told you I'm with Jughead and his family and quite frankly no I wouldn't. I have no interest in that farm or who runs it. Go without me"

"Well don't expect any welcome from the farm then. Declining this invitation will cost you" she spoke.

"Well I guess I'll have to deal with the consequence. Have fun" I said sarcastically.

"It's a shame Betty. The farm could've helped you."

"I don't need their help."

"I sometimes wonder what went wrong with our family"

"I can name multiple things" I chuckled sadly.

"If you won't except then I'll have to disappoint Edgar. Goodbye Betty"

"Bye" I said and hung up. I rubbed my face and sighed. All she cared about was that farm, over her own daughter. I sighed and tightened my ponytail before walking back into the room and sitting back down. FP, Gladys and JB were in conversation giving Jughead the opportunity to speak to me.

"Everything okay?" he whispered.

"Yeah, just my mum" I sighed.

"Farm trouble?" he questioned knowingly.

"You bet. She was inviting me to this cult party. Apparently Edgar suggested we should spend more time together" I explained.

"Edgar seems to be playing some sort of God" he suggested.

"He's definitely got control over my mum. She's like some kind of robot" I agreed before realising everyone was now listening to our conversation.

"What are you two on about?" Jellybean asked.

"It's some kind of cult, led by a guy called Edgar. Thanks to my mum they know all of my family's past and secrets and now my mum is part of it all. His daughter has all of this dirt on me and is dragging all of our friends into her creepy cult." I explained before Jughead took over.

"Sorry, I need some air" I exclaimed standing up and walking outside of the trailer after Jughead finished. I sat on the steps and sighed burying my head in my hands. No one came to see me for about 20 minutes before the door opened and someone sat next to me.

"I use to know your mum" Gladys spoke making me lift my head.

"She annoyed the hell out of me, but she was a good person. Maybe her morals were slightly twisted but in her heart she only wanted what was best for you kids" she spoke before taking a swig from her bottle.

"Not anymore, that farm means more to her than me"

"This 'Edgar' guy has clearly done something. Just stay away from it" Gladys warned.

"I'm not going anywhere near it trust me. I just feel like I've lost my mum"

"Betty, I know we've only just met, but I can tell you are a very independent young woman. If you feel like you need to investigate then go ahead, with precautions of course, but to be honest if your mum wants to go off and join that cult doesn't mean you have to. I can tell you have the right mindset to stay away, and I don't think she will be that helpful right now" Gladys said honestly.

"Thanks Mrs Jones"

"Hey, it's Gladys to you" she chuckled nudging me.

"Now, we are going to play monopoly. Warning, it usually ends in arguments. You wanna join?" she asked making me chuckle.

"I'll risk it" I laughed and walked back inside with her. I sat next to Jug at the table and he looked at me worriedly.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I just needed to think. Your mum helped" I assured. He smiled and intertwined our hands under the table, resting on his right leg whilst we started to play monopoly.

"Okay, JB and Jughead no physical fights okay?" Gladys warned making me laugh. JB just stuck out her tongue at him before he flicked her shoulder.

"Why would we mum?" Jughead laughed. I smiled at the light-hearted nature of his family. Though I saddened at the fact that I'd rather spend the night with his family than my own flesh and blood. Wow, that says a lot. My mood changed when the night ended up filled with laughter, rivalry and smiles all around the room. This is the family life I wanted. The family life I needed.

A/N my version of Gladys meeting Betty.❤️❤️ Hope you liked it!!!