Safe at last (Collab with @bettsandjug4ever)

A/N go check out bettsandjug4ever we worked together on this and if anyone wants to collab please DM. Love to work with other people as passionate as I am about this platform 💗💗.

"Who the gargoyle king?" he asked as he hugged his sobbing girlfriend.

"No... no it's the black hood. The black... hood is back" she choked as she sobbed. Confusion spread across his face as he continued to hug her tightly in the corridors of hell.

Jughead's POV

"Baby, let's go to the office" I suggested as she clung onto me. I guided her shaking body to Weatherbees office and sat her down in the chair where my dad was already waiting for us. He wrapped a blanket around her before sitting in a chair opposite both of us. We talked for a while and discussed our options.

"I'll do everything I can to keep both of you safe okay?" my dad spoke as I gazed at my girlfriend. The tears in her eyes, the redness of her face, the shaking of her body was enough to make the pit of my stomach roar with fire. I stood up abruptly, filled with anger.

"I'm going after that son of a bitch"

"Jughead no! He's dangerous" my dad warned.

"I don't care. Look at her! She's not gonna sleep for days, probably more dad! He needs to pay!" I shouted.

"Jug-" Betty coughed but I ignored her.

"Jughead if you dare-" my dad started but I didn't hear the end as I ran out. I ran outside of the building and darted my eyes to every possible exit. I then saw Archie and rushed over to him.

"You here for the same reason?" I asked, knowing he had been informed about Betty.

"If you mean taking down the new black hood then yes. The original shot my dad, ruined the town I love and now this new one tries to murder my best friend? Not a chance" he scoffed. I nodded and we started to explore the place.

Betty's POV

"I have to stop him" I cried.

"Darling it's not safe. You're shaking and scared, I can't put you in danger. I've already got some guys out looking for him. He'll be okay" FP assured me.

"I'm scared FP. If the black hood is back that means everyone's in danger. I'm convinced it's my dad. I know you said no-one survived and even Juggie doesn't believe me but it has to be him. He's going to go after my mum, I've lost my whole family but I don't think I'll survive if I lose her." I explained.

"I won't let your mum, or anyone else you love get hurt Betty. I'm the sheriff, it's my duty to protect the citizens of this town. The serpents will help out as well and I'm sure I can recruit some new trainees. The black hood is never going to do what he did before again okay?"

"Okay" I agreed. We hugged and I wrapped the blanket tighter around me.

"B!" Veronica gushed as she ran into the room. She hugged me tightly and burst into questions.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you? How did you escape? What's going on?"

"V, calm down. I'm fine" I reassured.

"Archies gone after him" she revealed.

"So has Jughead..."

"Oh god. You don't think they're teaming up to find him do you? That's too dangerous" she panicked.

"It's Riverdale V. It's always dangerous" I sighed.

Jughead's POV

My blood boiled as I ran through the streets of Riverdale, my childhood best friend trailing along behind me.

"Bro, hang on wait. Slow down" Archie huffed. I was already mad so I turned around I blurted everything out.

"Slow down? Slow down? You're kidding right? You expect me to slow down when my girlfriend almost got killed at what was supposed to be an incredible night! WHAT IF IT WAS VERONICA? YOU'D BE EXACTLY THE SAME AS THIS SO DON'T TELL ME TO SLOW DOWN! She's the one person who makes me want to get up in the morning, who I care about the most. He's still out there and I'm not stopping until he's behind bars where he can't hurt her"

"Sorry man, I'm just really mad. I can't lose her" I added once I saw his astounded face.

"It's alright, we will find him okay" Archie assured.

"Yeah we will and he's gonna pay" I confirmed and we both started running again. We kept running till we got to the abandoned bus. I heard scratching like a nail on a chalkboard. We both ducked and hid behind the bus. This was our only chance. I tried to run but Archie held me back.

"What are you doing? We need a plan!" Archie whisper shouted.

"Yeah, knock him out" I gritted my teeth. Archie looked at me in shock so I picking up the bat and ran at the black hood, hitting him over the head. He fell to the ground and Archie rushed over.

"Well that works too" he shrugged before helping me tie him up. I wanted a piece of him before going to the police, his eyes started to open and I was ready to let my anger out.

Betty's POV

They told me to stay put but I couldn't let him get hurt so I ran out of the office. They tried to stop me from leaving the school but they couldn't so Veronica caught up with me and we searched for ages.

"Don't you dare touch her ever again, I'd kill you but I have to turn you in. That doesn't mean I can't beat the crap out of you first though" I heard the familiar voice. Don't get me wrong, I love it when Jughead is protective but I have to stop him before he gets into trouble.

"Juggie don't" I called out and he turned around. His face softened as he saw the tears in my eyes.

"Your dad is here. Just step away from him and we can take him to the police" I assured. I pressed my warm hands against his cold cheeks and looked into his eyes. His hands travelled to my waist as he spoke "okay baby, I won't"

I let out a sigh of relief as we walked back to Veronica and FP. Archie made sure my dad didn't move whilst FP untied him and cuffed him. He was pushed into the police car and gave me a look only a devil could.

Jughead's POV

"Thank you" Betty whispered as we were cuddled up in bed.

"For what?" I replied.

"Caring so much"

"I would do anything for you" I assured and pressed a loving kiss against her hair.

"Get some sleep baby. It's been a long day" I added so she nestled her body closer to mine, if possible. "It's over Juliet" I whispered and kissed her head, falling asleep easily now I knew she was safe.