My girl

3x22: Betty's challenge

I took from the request from sprousartx who asked me to write one (not gonna say request as will spoil it). I then used this scene as my base👌👌. Probs will be part two

Betty's POV

"You can't deny the truth. You can't deny your destiny" Hal spoke in his sinister tone.

"Don't make me do this....please" I sobbed as my shaky hand held the trigger.

"Either kill me and get the antidote or I kill you and all of your friends" he threatened. I had to shoot him, I had to take the life of my own flesh and blood. All the memories flashed through my mind. The walks to the park, playing on the swings, feeding the ducks, getting Pop's without telling mum. Then the bad memories came. Not being able to sleep due to the fights, the constant pressure of my parents, the divorce threats, my dad moving out. I remember the first time he taught me to fix a car. I got all dirty and oily and smeared it on his face, we ended up on the floor in laughter after being covered in dirt. Everything he did. Hurt my friends, isolated and threatened me, shot the people I cared so much about, ruined the town I grow up in.

"You have till the count of three" he confirmed. I swallowed hard and blinked through the mountain of tears.

"3" he started. The tears cascaded down my pale, tired face.

"2" he continued. My own dad, I couldn't kill my own dad. My finger touched the trigger ready to shoot. It was the only option.

"1" it was time to pull the trigger. End his life to save my own.

Jughead's POV

"1" it was time. End his life to save her own.

The gun fired...but not her's. She ran out of time and he shot. I froze, my eyes widened and I averted them to the girl falling to the floor. I sprung into action and ran towards her.

"BETTY!" I shouted, catching her limp body as she fell. I kneeled down and held my forehead to her's. Veronica pressed Archie's blazer against the wound but the amount of blood was overwhelming.

"Don't leave me" I sobbed. Veronica was at her side, checking for a pulse, when another gun went off and Hal fell to the floor. Behind him was Cheryl aiming a gun. Archie ran over with the antidote and gave it to Veronica who then made Betty- who was extremely weak- drink it.

"Guys! Come on!" Cheryl screamed. I stood up with Betty in my arms and ran as fast as I could away from Penelope and her gargoyles. We got to the trucks and jumped in.

"Baby, I can't lose you. Just hold on" I whispered as I let the tears roll down. She cupped my cheek with her hand and smiled sadly.

"I'm sorry" she whispered.

"Don't say that. You're gonna be fine" I spoke, almost trying to convince myself. Like if I said it more and more she would have higher chances. I stroked her blonde locks and pressed a kiss against her forehead. I pulled back and her eyes were closed.

"No no no no no" I cried.

"Jug what is it?" Archie asked frantically.

"She doesn't have a pulse!" Veronica screamed after checking. Toni began to drive faster and reckless, just trying to get to the hospital.

"She's...she's gone" I choked.

"No! Don't say that Jug" Veronica sobbed. I knew it was over but they insisted on going to the hospital.

"Please" I sobbed. I kept her limp body in my arms and stroked her hair back continuously whilst pressing kisses to her forehead. Veronica, Archie and Cheryl were sat around her crying as well. We got to the hospital and jumped out of the truck.

"Help! My best friend has been shot!" Veronica screeched as we bursted through the doors. She was immediately pryed out of my arms and onto a stretcher. I tried to follow but got pushed back so instead Archie ran over and engulfed me in a hug. We were both sobbing and this was my only source of comfort.

A doctor walked towards us and asked if her parents were here. To which we just said we couldn't reach them.

"Can you come through to the consulting room?" she asked. That was a sign of bad news surely?

"Elizabeth lost a lot of blood. Unfortunately the bullet ripped through the main arteries and managed to dig deep. We got the bullet out however... I'm afraid we were too late. We did everything we could but Elizabeth died on the journey here. I'm very sorry" my eyes went blurry and the sounds went muffled. I look around frantically and saw Veronica crying loudly into her hands, Archie hunched over on the floor sobbing, Cheryl and Toni hugging and crying. I couldn't take it, I ran. I ran out of the hospital and just kept running. I made it to Sweetwater river and knelt by the river. I let it all go, let it all out. My heart wrenched as loud sobbing sounds escaped my mouth. She's gone. My girl is gone...

A/N Part two? I'm thinking funeral????💗💗💗