9/ Every Other Weekend

Alice eagerly waits for Betty to come home, sure she was only gone for the weekend, but she's missed her.

Hal's car pulls into the driveway and Alice rushes over to open the door. Betty fondly shakes her head when she notices Alice waiting at the door. Hal waves from the car and Alice returns it, happy that they can be civil with one another.

Betty walks inside and Alice pulls her into a hug. "Mom I was gone for two days." She points out, hugging her back nonetheless. "Were you bored all weekend?"

"Super bored." Alice lies, she was more than entertained. "How was your weekend? How's your father's new place?"

"It's actually really nice. And we had a good time, it was nice to spend time with him."

"I take it Polly didn't show up?"

Betty shakes her head and Alice frowns. "She did call though, she said she was going to try and make it down but she got caught up with work."

"I hate that she won't talk to me."

"She'll come around eventually, I know she will. She's just stubborn, she gets it from you."

"Hey!"

Betty laughs. "What? It's true."

"Anyways, what did you two do all weekend? Anything fun?" Alice asks as Betty joins her in the living room.

"We went to the movies, ate junk food, played some board games... he met Jughead." She mumbles the last part.

"He met Jughead?" Alice questions.

Betty nods shyly. "To be fair though, I didn't plan it. We were at Pop's and Jughead showed up so dad invited him to eat with us."

"That's good, I'm sure your father was happy to meet him." She's going to have to call Hal and get his opinion on the kid.

"Yeah, he said he really liked him."

"That's good, I'm sure he's a great boy."

"He is. Which is why I was hoping you'd be alright with me inviting him to dinner on Thursday?"

Alice smiles. "That sounds great, honey."

"I was thinking about extending the invite to his dad too, I've never met him so it would be the perfect opportunity for all of us to meet."

"That's a nice idea, why don't you ask Jughead what he'd like for dinner that night and I'll go to the store tomorrow?"

"Jughead will eat pretty much anything, so I think whatever you decide will be just fine, I'll ask him though in case his dad has any thoughts." Betty picks up her bags, so she can go unpack from the weekend. "I'm excited! I really like Jughead, it means a lot to me that you approve."

"As long as you're happy that's all that matters." Alice assures her.