Old Problems... New Home

Erica

I couldn't believe this was what it came to. I just got back to my life and things get shooked up again. Why do things keeping happening to us? What have we done, that was so bad, that we keep going through these things? I was still in the same spot shaking with Mali in my arms. I was so in shock that I couldn't even hear Jason talking to me. It wasn't until Nasir screamed my name that I finally snapped out of it.

Nas: Mommy help me!

Erica: *turning around fast* What's wrong... Oh my God! Here Jason. *giving him Mali*

Nas: *crying hard* It hurt Mommy! *screaming really loud*

Cyn: *groaning with shortness of breath* Is... he... ok?

Erica: The bullet grazed his arm but overall he's fine.

Jason: Here comes the ambulance. Cap can you stand?

Cyn: Not... yet.

Erica: NASIR WAKE UP! *crying* What's happening to him?

Jason: He passed out cause his body couldn't take the pain. He's gonna be fine I promise.

Jake: Hey Jason and Cap, what do we have here?

Jason: This is Nasir Santana. He's six years old with a gunshot graze to the right arm. DOB is 9/4/13. Also Mark come and check on the Cap.

Mark: Hey Cap.

Cyn: Hey... Mark.

Mark: Let's see what's going on. *taking off her shirt and bulletproof vest* Ok so you have no bullet wounds but the bullet went deep enough that it caused bruising and a little bit of burns because they got real close to your skin. Help me stand her up Jason.

Jake: We're gonna take both of you all in. Is everyone else ok?

Erica: We're fine thank you.

Lyric: *crying* Dey take Natir Mommy. Get him back pwease.

Erica: Calm down baby girl he's fine he just need a big bandage for his arm.

Jason: Do you wanna take them in the house until the coroner gets here?

Erica: Sure. Lyric I want you to close your eyes and give me your hand.

Lyric: Otay.

***

Jeremiah: Have she called you back yet?

Tasha: No but I know she said she was about to get her family back or something like that.

Jeremiah: Something don't feel right?

Tasha: I know. Let's take a drive pass there.

Jeremiah: Hold on Tasha. They are looking for us if we go anywhere near there they are gonna lock our asses up.

Tasha: I need to figure out what's going on with my sister.

Jeremiah: Let's give it a few hours. Let me make some calls and see if I can get some eyes on her house.

Tasha: Fine. You have 2 hours then I going.

Jeremiah: Cool.

***

We have a whole news crew and police at our house. Cyn is gonna be fine she just got a few bruises. Nasir had to get stitches and he had a mild concussion cause he hit his head. I asked him did he know what happened and he said yes. I didn't want him to see his mother get shot but he didn't seem to care which hurt me to the core. At the end of the day she is the person that carried him and pushed him out. After all is said and done she is still his mother and I just want him to care a little bit.