Remembering Good Shades to Bad

Excuse the mistakes - Don't know how good this is but it's something. Sorry for the delay.

I've never felt so many emotions at one time. The one that sticks out the most is joy. My wife and the mother of my kids remembers our life. She remembers me. I thought I would never hear those words again and I was beginning to accept that fact. To hear her say it and talk to me like she's been here all this time has me in tears. Do she know that she's been out of it for the past three months? Only one way to find out.

Cyn: How did we meet?

Erica: It was teacher meets parents day. You came in when Josh was threatening me. That same night I called you because he was trying to kill me.

Cyn: Where is Josh now?

Erica: Dead. He was shot after he shot you.

Cyn: What is our oldest name?

Erica: Nasir Amon Santana.

Cyn: And the next one?

Erica: Lyric Amiyah Santana.

Cyn: *confused* What are you...

Erica: The day of the car accident we were coming home to wait for you and let you know that her last name is legally changed.

Cyn: *overjoyed* How is that possible without me being there?

Erica: You must not know how famous you are. Your name carries a lot of weight with everyone especially in the judicial system.

Cyn: Wow that's fucking amazing. What are the twins names?

Erica: *smiling then touching her stomach* What the hell?! Where are my babies? *crying* Don't tell me my kids are... *hyperventilating* I can't believe I did that to my babies. Why didn't I stay...

Cyn: *kissing her* Calm down beautiful. Our babies are alive and healthy.

Erica: They are about 2 weeks now right?

Cyn: *grabbing her hands* Look at me beautiful and listen to me carefully. You have had amnesia for the last three months.

Erica: No I haven't... *tearing up* It's been two weeks.

Cyn: Don't cry baby. *wiping her tears* What do you remember in them two weeks?

Erica: Not much. I remember you trying to get me to look at pictures. It was kinda like I was watching my life but somebody else was at the surface. I can't really explain. I just know it was bits and pieces of my life that I can't recall.

Cyn: A little more than bits and pieces if you don't know that it's been three months.

Erica: What was I like?

Cyn: Confused most of the time because the kids would call you Mommy and you told them to call you Erica.

Erica: Oh my God baby are you serious? I know that broke Nasir. He's gonna think I'm just like Justyce.

Cyn: That's exactly what he said. He was mad at you for a while. Lyric was determined to get you back. She had to do it to make the world happy i.e. her brother.

Erica: Aww my babies. I feel so bad.

Cyn: It wasn't your fault.

Erica: I know. This had Tasha and Justyce all over it.

Cyn: How do you know that?

Erica: I remember them picking up the guy who was driving the truck. They had to know I was coming to tell you.