A Broken Hearted Dad

We were getting ready to go on this field trip. I gathered up all the kids and some parents came along cause it was more than I thought. We chartered a bus for this trip instead of the normal bus. It gave us more room because of the two classes that's going. I was talking to Tanya while we wait for the bus. She has became one of my friends since I've been here.

Tanya: Girl I still can't believe that we are doing this. Don't you think they are a little too young?

Erica: Not really. This is more about the cop being your friend in a time of need.

Tanya: I see you got a cop to be your friend in your time of need.

Erica: I did but my baby is more than a cop.

Tanya: What is she then?

Erica: Captain.

Tanya: Ok I see you. Don't mess with the small fries. For you it's go big or go home.

Erica: *laughing* That's how you gotta do it.

Tanya: It's go big or go home for her too cause your ass has been limping since I saw you this morning.

Erica: I don't know what you're talking about.

Tanya: Yes you do and I'm not mad at you. I'm jealous as fuck cause my wife has been working a lot cause she has some crazy deadline and when she comes home she's tired. *looking away so she don't cry*

Erica: Hey if you feel that way then tell her. I wish Cyn would be gone and not even ask how I feel we will have a problem.

Tanya: I'm afraid that she's gonna think I'm being inconsiderate.

Erica: Then she's the one that's inconsiderate. All you want is love and quality time.

Tanya: Thanks E. I will let her know.

Erica: ALRIGHT EVERYONE THE BUS IS HERE SO I NEED EVERYONE IN A LINE SO WE CAN TAKE COUNT AND ATTENDANCE.

***

Luke: Hey Natir.

Nasir: Hey Yuke. I cited(excited).

Luke: I tared(scared).

Nasir: Why?

Luke: Poyice(Police) stary(scary).

Nasir: No poyice cool. My mama poyice.

Luke: You no tared(scared)?

Nasir: No they tect us.

Luke: Otay.

***

Erica: Hey Tanya something is wrong.

Tanya: Why you say that?

Erica: Who dad is that talking to the bus driver?

Tanya: Christopher's dad. Why?

Erica: Well this is not the way to the station. I have been there too many times. When he started talking to him we diverted off the path.

Tanya: Maybe he knows a quicker way.

Erica: I've been around Cyn long enough to know that this is diverting away from Manhattan. *holding her phone under the seat pressing 911*

Tanya: What are you doing?

Erica: About to show you why I'm right. *standing up putting her phone in the seat* Don't let nobody see that.

Tanya: Just wait don't do anything crazy.

Erica: I'm not I'm just going to see something. *walking to the front* Hello why are we not on the routed path to the station?