Gearing Up for the Storm

It has been three weeks since the baby shower. That also means it's been three weeks since Joel has been bonded out. I'm gonna get to the bottom of this because he is no where to be found at the moment and I hate when a person moves in silence. That gives them time to plan and think. That's never good for anyone. I have court today for Christopher. I don't think he's a bad man I just think he's a broken man. I walked in the court room and saw Christopher looking worn out and tired.

Cyn: *walking to him* Hey Chris what's wrong?

Chris: *wired jaw* I'm sorry.

Cyn: What the fuck happened to your jaw?

Chris: *looking down shaking his head*

Cyn: Inmates did this?

Chris: *shaking his head*

Cyn: Guards?

Chris: *nodding*

Cyn: Why?

Chris: *slurred* Punishment. Sorry.

Bailiff: Everyone to your seats court is about to start.

Cyn: You will be free today I promise.

Bailiff: Please rise, Honorable Judge Kathy Bates presiding.

Bates: Be seated. We are here for case 2017312, The State of New York v. Christopher Wells. One count of unlawful imprisonment in the first degree and one count of attempted murder of a police officer in the second degree. Let's get started.

***

Connor: Lastly I would like to call Captain Cynthia Santana to the stand. Please State your name and occupation for the court.

Cyn: Cynthia Santana. Captain of the SVU.

Connor: Captain Santana is it true that you are the one who diffused the bus situation?

Cyn: That is correct.

Connor: Would you say that Mr. Wells is a violent man?

Cyn: No.

Connor: In your personal opinion describe Mr. Wells.

Cyn: I would say he is a heartbroken man. All he really want to do is be around his son. Yes he went about it wrong but he just felt like all of his hard work was not paying off and he wanted someone to listen.

Connor: Do you blame Mr. Wells for shooting you?

Cyn: No.

Connor: Why?

Cyn: Mr. Wells was made irate after being detained. He was fed false information that led to his behavior. He just want to be in his son's life and show him love. He wants answers as to why he can't.

Connor: Nothing further.

Bates: Gregory your witness.

Gregory: Captain Santana how are you?

Cyn: Excellent.

Gregory: That's great. Do you have kids?

Cyn: Yes.

Gregory: How many?

Cyn: That's not relevant.

Gregory: Okay. If you was in the same position as Mr. Wells would you have done the same thing?

Cyn: I don't know. Everyone does things differently even in similar situations.

Gregory: So you are saying he had a choice?