Three Months

*Here it is since it got the most votes*

It's been three months. Three months since the accident. Three months since my life changed. Three months since my wife forgot who I was. Three months since my twins were born. Three long months of sadness and despair. I look at my children and they have no life in them. It's like she was the happiness to our sadness. The look on Nasir and Lyric's face when their mother didn't know them was a hard pill to swallow. She didn't even acknowledge the twins as hers. She's here in the house because her parents thought it was best. She talks to us and ask us questions about what she was like before the accident.

   After the first week of her being home the kids were happy and calling her Mommy all day. She crushed their spirits when she told them to call her Erica. Nasir hasn't said anything lately. Then school is out which is actually a good thing. Crazy thing is that's the only thing she remembers. She remember that bastard Josh but we told her he passed away. She had the nerve to shed a tear for that asshole. It pissed me off a little but I gotta remember that she doesn't know who he turned out to be.

Nas: Mama the babies are crying.

Cyn: Ok. Can you make your sister some cereal?

Nas: Ok.

Lyric: Hi Mama. *going to sit by Nas with her head on his shoulder*

Nas: You want some cereal?

Lyric: Not now.

Nas: What's wrong?

Lyric: *tearing up* I want Mommy.

Nas: I know me too. We got to wait.

Lyric: Why?

Nas: Cause Mommy still sick in her brain.

Lyric: It get better?

Nas: Yep. Let go to my room.

Lyric: I seep with you night?

Nas: Yep.

Lyric: Mama the babies cry.

Cyn: I'm going I gotta make their bottles first.

Nas: Can we feed them?

Cyn: Sure. Come on.

Lyric: They are weally loud. *covering her ears*

Erica: *peeking in* Um do you need some help.

Nas: *with an attitude* No we got it.

Cyn: Nasir! Lose the attitude.

Nas: *mumbling under his breath*

Cyn: I'm sorry for him but I think we can manage. Your food is in the microwave.

Erica: Ok thanks.

Lyric: Wait! *running to Erica* You 'member now? *looking really hopeful*

Erica: *kneeling down* Not yet pretty girl but I'm gonna try really hard. You wanna walk around the neighborhood with me?

Lyric: *lit up* Yes pwease. C-Can I c... *looking down crying*

Erica: *lifting her head* What's wrong pretty girl?

Lyric: I wanna call Mommy but you say no. *crying harder* Can I pwease?

Erica: Hey don't cry you can call me whatever you want.

Lyric: *hugging Erica tightly*

Erica: Let's go get some clothes for you. *picking her up walking out the room*

Cyn: Nasir Amon Santana, why did you do your mother like that?

Nas: She not mother no more. She no care about me. Ms. Justice was right. She forget me as soon as babies born.