In Harm's Way

I meant to post this last night but I was tired. This is for Diamond23650. Thanks for the love.

  I am trying my best not to flip out on this bitch just for showing up. I haven't seen her in over a decade because she, and my dad, was mad that I am a lesbian. I know it has to be more to the story but she wouldn't tell me what it was. I was never close to my bitch ass father but my mom used to be my best friend. I really don't understand what I did for her to turn her back on me.

Cyn: Have a seat. Go ahead and talk.

Jen: I'm so sorry that you feel like this towards me. I really didn't want to do you like that but I had no choice.

Cyn: There is always a choice. We used to be the best of friends. Why would you just throw me away like that?

Jen: Have you notice that your sisters were never there while you were growing up?

Cyn: Yes I know. What does that have to do with anything?

Jen: It has everything to do with it. Your father was ecstatic when I was pregnant with you. He would tell me that he couldn't wait to see what we were having. Then when we got the ultrasound he was even more excited because he thought he was having another son. When you were born the doctors told them that you are intersex he was pissed off cause he was like she's a fucking girl not a son she has to go. He told me he doesn't want any daughters and wants all girls. He was gonna sell your sisters if it wasn't for me telling him that my sister will take them.

Cyn: Why would you let that happen? What kind of mother are you?

Jen: *tearing up* The scared kind. He was not a man you crossed. If you did, cross him, that would be a very bad day. I was trying to keep all of y'all safe. I found out recently that the wife before me didn't just leave she was murdered and I wasn't trying to be next. I stood ground for you and took many beating for standing up for you. When you came and told us you like women he was mad which I thought was stupid cause that would be natural in your state but he wanted to kill you so that was my way of protecting you. So I used that as an excuse to kick you out and he went with it so he wouldn't​ come looking for you and kill you. All I have ever tried to do was keep my children safe. If that make me a bad mother then so be it but I will not apologize for the decisions I made.

Cyn: *speechless*

Leslie: Bestie they still sleep. So what... What's wrong Cyn? Do I need to cut her cause I will you know?

Cyn: No it's fine. I sorry that you had to go through that. Maybe I should've gotten​ the facts before I judged you so quickly. Thank you for saving my life trust me it is greatly appreciated. *hugging Jen*

Jen: I've missed you so much Cynthia.

Cyn: I've missed you too Mom.

Jen: So what has been going on in your life? *looking around*

Cyn: Well I have a son that is almost 4. I have a daughter that just turned 2. I am the Captain at NYPD Special Victims Unit. In a year I will be police commissioner and married.

Jen: Wow you have an interesting life. Who's the young lady you're marrying?

Cyn: Her name is Erica Mena and she is upstairs.

Erica: No I'm not. I'm right here. *walking out the kitchen*

Cyn: How did you get in the kitchen? I didn't see you walk in there.

Erica: Cause you don't pay attention. That's a shame and you call yourself a detective.

Cyn: Shut up Mena.