[Epilogue]

Fifteen Years Later...

The Present

Trina

"The end!" I said ending the story. From the looks of it they loved hearing Darius and I tell this story. Tonight was our first night telling them how we meet. We just didn't go into details on the sex parts. It's been so many years since we meet and we're still together. Over this past couple of years a lot of shit had happened. Fights, break ups, not from cheating though, family gatherings, more old flames coming in the picture, being kidnapped, getting shot, every damn thing. I just thank God we all made it this far. We were finally at peace and able to move in with our lives.

As for my family shit I haven't seen them since, shit I don't even know. They don't try to contact me and I don't contact them. It's like we aren't even family. That's how I'm going to keep it too. Darius and his relationship with his mom is so-so. They talk every now and then, but the kids like her. If they don't want to go over there they have a choice. I'm not going to pressure them to either. Besides that everything is good.

"Dang mama! You and daddy went through all of that?" Kay, our 11 year old twin daughter, asked. I nodded.

"Yeah and then some." We have seven kids. Four boys, three girls. Our oldest is Ja'Maine Armani King, he's 19, if anyone of our kids looked identical to Darius it's him. Alex Hayden King, he's 19. None of us treat him like he doesn't belong. He never considered his real parents, mom and dad, we were his mom and dad. Then we have Talia Ja'Nay King, she's 15. The twins Kay Ja'Lessa King and Tay Ja'Maine King, their 11. Zadarius Armani King Jr, ZJ or AJ, he's 7, and Mercedes Ja'Maya King, or Cedes, she's 3.

"So is dad still in the business?" ZJ asked. Darius and I both nodded yeah.

"But neither one of y'all going to be in it." I said. They nodded.

"I don't think I could ever do something like that." Talia said.

"I know it's in y'all blood, but none of y'all should do it. We want what's best for all of you. Go to school and become somebody. Hell you see I'm still a doctor and your dad has businesses all over the place." I said. Darius and I have been together for 19 years and still going strong. I don't pressure him to stop doing what he doing because that's his life. We have all the money we could ever have and then some.

"Pops what do you do when you go out of town?" Tay asked. They like to know every damn thing, but I rather them hear it from us then anyone else. We teach them at home so they don't have to learn from the streets.

Zadarius

Yeah I'm still doing the whole Black Mafia Family thing at 42 years old, with my brother and cousins. We've been doing this for twenty-five years and still might continue on doing it. I'll retire at 60, probably.

I took off from work and decided to spend time with my wife and kids. I know I'm always working, but I don't want my kids to want for anything. I broke away from my thoughts when Tay asked me a question.

"Pops what do you do when you go out of town?" Tay asked.

"I collect money, take bookings, deal with anyone that steals from me, make sure I pay my workers, and handle business." I know the game run in my kids blood, hell in all of our kids. T is still T. He is still with Denise. They have three kids, Zyla, or ZyZy, Mike, and Treyvon Jr, or TJ. Kurt and Carlie are still together too. They have five kids. Kacey, Anthony, Jasmine, or Jas, Imani, and Trent. Then there's Jay and Keta, they have three kids. Jamiya, or Miya, Alexis, or Lexis, and their only son, Jayden Jr. I guess we all got Jr's, expect Kurt.

"Waddup bitches?!" T yelled walking in the room. Everybody sucked their teeth. He always so extra.

"Fuck y'all to then, shit!" He said giving all us the finger. Same ole T.

"So what were y'all talking about?" He asked.

"Stuff."

"Stuff like what? Wait let me go pop some popcorn. Two seconds." He got up and ran out the room. Always eating somebody food.

"Denise how do you do it?" I asked. She shrugged.

"I just ignore his crazy ass." She said making us laugh. Everybody be ignoring him though.

It was good to have the whole gang together like this again. Our lives have been one hell of a ride. Kidnapping, shooting, fighting, taking trips, making money, spending money, having kids, the whole nine. Now everything is peaceful, but you know what they say. Peace never lasts long.

"Okay I'm back hunty!" T yelled coming in the room with a bowl of popcorn.

"Why you yelling?"

"Why you not?" He asked back. I tsked. This nigga.

"Now what were y'all talking about?"

"We were telling them a story." Trina said. T growled in frustration.

"What God damn story were y'all telling my besties?" He asked. I just shook my head. He too old calling kids his besties.

"How it all started." Ja'Maine said.

"Well how did it start? Wait, how what started?" He asked Ja'Maine with an attitude. Ja'Maine rolled his eyes and looked at me. I swear they act like brothers instead of cousins.

"It all started with A Miami Tale."