79. Sunburn - Part Seven

a/n: UGH sorry for the wait but here's what you've all been waiting for! also I'm just straight up acting like their europe trip is totally normal and nothing crazy happens cause I don't want to write like a billion more parts for this already long series and I want a sweet ending :) so yeah far from home who? so don't worry about spoilers there won't be any!

me being the mess that I am, well...I'm posting another series soon lol. it's a request from ages ago rip. also guys do you want it to be more on the fluffy side or angsty side cause right now it's leaning towards angst but I can totally switch it up without a problem cause I know my last several fics have been Pain so yeah let me know what you prefer! I always prefer angst cause I'm just terrible like that but I figured I'd let you guys choose :)

warnings: language, fLUFF, and hey what really happened to liz??? :)

Venice was pretty at night - the longer you sat on that balcony, the darker the sky got and the more the lights lit up the canals and the boats. You could see the stars better and the air was a perfect balance of warm from the summer heat but also cool from the occasional breeze coming off the water. 

But you didn't care much about the view anymore.

Peter had stopped hugging you a while ago but he didn't let you go so easily - one of his hands clasped one of yours, his thumb moving to draw circles across your palm or to intertwine with your fingers. His other arm was around you, keeping you warm whenever the breeze was too chilly.

The sunburn might've passed, but you still felt something warm in your chest the longer you sat with him. You weren't even talking but feeling his emotions was enough - anytime you squeezed his hand or smiled or even barely shifted, you felt them. And you didn't have to doubt how he felt about you anymore.

"Did you mean it when you said the prequels are your favorite?" You asked suddenly, and his laughter broke the peaceful silence, but you didn't mind. He had a cute laugh.

"That's the first thing you're gonna ask?" He said between chuckles, giving you a look.

"It's a really important question," you insisted, not able to keep from smiling when you felt his emotions turn a little mushy as he stared at you. "This is life or death, Peter."

"Okay, jeez," he looked away, biting his lip, "No, I was only joking."

"You're so lying!" You poked his arm, and he struggled not to grin, "You totally meant it and you're just trying to brush it off cause you know it's ridiculous to like the prequels the best."

"Ouch," he put a hand on his chest, feigning hurt, "I have feelings, you know."

"I know, I can feel them, remember?" You patted his chest right above his heart, and he chuckled and grabbed your hand to hold it there.

"Thank you," he said softly, and you raised an eyebrow. "For letting me explain. And for not pushing me away when I told you everything."

"Sorry I didn't let you explain earlier," you bit your lip, "I shouldn't have been so stubborn."

"And I should've told everyone Liz and I weren't together as soon as it happened," he sighed, "I didn't want the group to be all weird but-but I should've prioritized you over a stupid fear that our friends would react badly."