Dysphoria?

Jungkook walked into the forest until he finally reached the middle of it where the deadly land is. His eyes were wet with tears after the long journey of rewatching his life from when the last time he saw his sister, Somi. He was puzzled at first but he kept watching every scenes since he cannot do anything else other than that.

It was like he had been punished or something that he did not know himself. But what he knew is that he is already dead but probably not going to rest in peace. Not until he watch his own death. That is what he thought is happening to him for the time being.

As he saw the isolated land in the middle of the forest, he stopped at a tree and sat down leaning on it watching the empty place. "This is it. Let's end this now.", he told himself. The four people he should be watching are not there yet so he suddenly recalled the start of the events he is currently experiencing.

It all started with him waking up from his dead body that Chaeyoung was embracing while crying out his name. He stood up looking puzzled at what was happening at that time. He looked at himself and found out he was still wearing his bloody shirt so he thought he made it in the ritual. When he was about to tell the three of them of his success, he realized who Chaeyoung was crying for.

He stood froze as he saw his own dead body before everything turned white. His surrounding changed completely into a different place. A place where he had not been to for a long time. A place where he never wanted to come back as it will bring back memories. A place where he last saw his dearest sister before the bloody death of her.

"Somi?", he called as he saw her when he turned around. But when she walked through him without avoiding him made him shocked. He realized that she did not see him and thought that he had become a ghost or something. He cannot really explain it to himself.

"Oppa! Jungkook oppa, wake up!", he heard Somi shouting out to wake him. He followed her and saw his own body on the sofa sleeping there. "Oppa, wake up!", she kept trying to wake him up. "No....I don't even have to go to work today. I've been fired, remember?", he heard his old and living self said to Somi.

He remembered the time he was fired from the convenience store that he worked at. He did not do anything wrong but he was accused by the other staff there. He did not get a chance to say anything as the manager trusted that staff who worked much longer than him.

He watched as Somi playfully hit his shoulders, his arms and his face just to make sure he wakes up. "Wake up, wake up. You can't just give up like this, oppa. Wake up and go get a new job. You can't be lazy like this because this is so not you, oppa.", Somi said as she hit his arm harder. "Okay, okay, okay! Stop hitting me, Jeon Somi!", he said as he emphasized her name.

Somi quickly stopped and smiled at him. "Good, now get up from the sofa.", she instructed him and he followed lazily. "Okay, go get a shower and get out of the house. Find a new job because I know you can get one easily. You're smart, kind and you're my handsome oppa. So, don't give up, okay?", she said encouragingly to him.

After seeing her off to work, he walked to his room to get ready for a shower. Suddenly the surrounding went white again leaving him questioning why it is happening to him. There was many scenes that he had to rewatch and some of them really got him emotional. One of them was when Somi was attacked by the vampires. Another one that he recalled was when he first met Yoongi.

"I know you hate yourself now because you are not how you used to be. But life must go on, you know?", Yoongi said before he laughed a bit at the end of his own words. "Even if we're now vampires, we need to keep living our life.", he continued as Jungkook looked at him sharply. "What? It's true. Life must go on and you trying to end this life of yours, trust me it's not worth it.", he told Jungkook.

"Many humans are dying to be immortal, you know? And do you know why?", he asked. Jungkook could only shook his head at that time. "Because being immortal can make you do everything you want especially if being an immortal with powers like us. We can manipulate people, we can do illegal things, we can be the richest person in the world too.", Yoongi said.

Jungkook nodded slowly before saying that he did not want to drink human's blood. "You have to. That's our essential need. But if you don't want human's, animal's blood can too but it is not as strong as human's.", Yoongi explained. "Why are you even telling me all this?! Just let me die even though I don't know how exactly.", Jungkook said as he pushed Yoongi to the wall.

"Because I care about others. You might think it's weird but I care about every vampires who have issues like you. And I hope I could help you like I helped them even though they turned really evil then.", Yoongi said which made Jungkook slowly let go of him. "I know you have a good heart, brother. Let me help you, okay?", that was when Jungkook was sure Yoongi was not like those vampires that killed his sister.

That scene played in his mind several times as he remembered how he almost gave up on his vampire self. As he recalled the events, he did not realize that the ritual has started and it was already on the third stage. He did not know if the stages before that were skipped or anything so he just watched what is happening at the moment.

He saw Chaeyoung at the far left side of where he was sitting. He wanted to call her name but he knew she will not hear him. No one could hear nor see him at all which quite breaking his heart at that time. When he saw her walking to the centre, he followed her as he knew his last time with her will end there.

"If you're going to do anything, let me know. If not, I'll stay close to see what you're going to do.", he cried at those words Chaeyoung said. He was standing just beside her and tried to hug her even though his hands just went through her body. He leaned his head on her shoulder and whispered ,"I'm sorry, Chaeyoung. I should have not let you go through this. Forgive me, my dear." He said that as he knew that she must be really sad now that he left her alone.

Just a minute later, he saw her going to take away the wooden stake but he pushed her away roughly. "Goodbye, my love.", he said as he watched himself pierced his heart with the wooden stake that killed him.

******

Irene was wiping the dust off of the dressing table when she heard a scream. She quickly turned around and saw Jungkook has woke up. "Jungkook!", she said as she walked to him. Chaeyoung also got out of the bathroom and called his name out as she ran to him. Mino was just the same, ran into the bedroom and smiled at what he saw.

Chaeyoung ignored her wet hair that she was going to wrap with the towel and quickly hugged him. "Jungkook...finally...", she lost words to say as her tears fell on her cheek. Irene breathed a sigh of relief after seeing Jungkook finally woke up. Mino patted her shoulder with a smile and said ,"He's okay." Irene nodded with a smile back to him.

The two broke the hug after some time but Chaeyoung was still in tears. "How long was I unconscious?", Jungkook asked them. "3 days, Kook." Mino answered it. Jungkook looked back at Chaeyoung's face and slowly wiped her tears. Then, he hugged her again not caring about his injured self.

He became the one crying at that time as he cannot believe that he is touching her again. He can hug her, he can wipe her tears, and he can be there for her once again. "I'm sorry, Chaeyoung. I promise I will not leave you alone again. I will not let you cry for me again. I love you, Chaeyoung.", he said while still hugging her tightly.

"I love you too, Jungkook. Don't you ever stab yourself again after this.", she replied. Irene took Mino's hand to give space for the two and closed the door after that.