Befriends

Jungkook walks slowly to the person he knows to be the owner of the bag without making a sound. When he is standing at her right side, he can see that the bag owner is looking down probably holding her tears from falling for losing her bag.

Seeing how sad she is, Jungkook shows the bag in front of her and asks if she is the owner of it. The young lady looks up to see what is in front of her and her eyes is surprised to see the bag again.

She takes it from Jungkook and thanks him without looking at him. "Check the bag. See if everything's in there.", Jungkook said with his eyes watching how happy she looks to get her bag again.

"Well...everything is still here. Thanks a lot to you.", she said while making an eye contact with Jungkook. "But...how did you get it back?", she asked as she is curious.

However, Jungkook does not answer her question and just looks at her without a blink. It is awkward for her that she had to snap her fingers in front of his face to ask if he is listening to her.

The finger snap totally brings him back to realisation that he finally nodded and said that he was just on the same road as the snatcher to be able to get the bag back for her. She then, thanks him again and excuses herself to go.

Even so, Jungkook stops her and asks if he can know her name. Seeing that she feels insecure, Jungkook calmly introduces himself and tells her where he lives so that she would not be scared of him.

She smiled at his politeness even though she knows he is trying to be cool at the time. Jungkook even told her his phone number saying that he wants to be her friend if she is okay with it.

Hearing it, she chuckled before saying that he should relax a little. "I'm Chaeyoung. Park Chaeyoung. And I'm okay if you want to befriend me.", she said while lifting her right hand to shake with him as a greetings.

Jungkook then, raises his hand too and they greeted each other with a smile. "Do you mind if I accompany you to walk home?", Jungkook asked. Chaeyoung is frowning a bit hearing his question making him asks her if he said something wrong.

"How do you know I'm walking to the house? We're at a bus stop.", she said while pointing at the bus stop sign behind him. Jungkook realized that he is caught off guard at the time that he quickly covers by saying that he was just guessing it.

"Furthermore, you were walking to that way and not waiting for the bus. So...I thought...", Jungkook tried to convince her but his words just died there as he observes her face reaction. "Don't believe me? You can call the police to catch me and I won't run away from them. Hee..", he adds.

Chaeyoung shakes her head before saying that she does not mean it that way. She allowed him to accompany her with one condition. If she finds him actually dangerous for her, he will regret it.

When he asked if it is real, Chaeyoung said that she has a black belt in taekwondo  that she can kick his ass if he dares to be a dangerous person with her. Jungkook grins at her as he does not believe if she really meant what she said.

Seeing that Jungkook seems to underestimate her, she punches him right at his left shoulder making him ouched a little. "A little reminder for you, my new friend.", she said with a smile. She then, walks off leaving him behind.

"Quite fierce, this girl.", Jungkook said to himself while rubbing his shoulder before running to Chaeyoung.

******

Chaeyoung stops in front of a two-storey house at the corner lot making Jungkook also stops walking. "Here it is. My home.", Chaeyoung said while taking a glance at her watch.

"Oh, I see. Well...I see you again next time.", Jungkook said nicely even though he hoped to have some more time with her. Chaeyoung gives him a wave goodbye but he just smiles at her.

Still watching her without moving, he called her name and walks to her before she could open the door. "What is it?", Chaeyoung asked.

"I've told you my phone number but I don't think you saved it, right? So...may I have your phone for a while?", Jungkook said as polite as he can so that Chaeyoung does not misunderstands his intention to befriends her.

Chaeyoung takes out her phone and asked him to tell his number instead of giving the phone to him. Jungkook said it and Chaeyoung showed him she saved the number then.

"Satisfied now?", Chaeyoung asked. Jungkook nodded and said goodbye to her with a smile before leaving.