Keep Avoiding

It has been a week after Jungkook went to visit his village and he has been thinking about one thing in his mind. He is thinking about whether he can keep his one dirty secret from Chaeyoung forever. Yeah, the secret that he is not normal like others. The secret that he is a 155 years old vampire that looks young like 25 of age.

Because of that thing in his mind, he has not contacted Chaeyoung for the whole week. Chaeyoung also did not say anything making him more thoughtful of what he has been thinking. All that he does is just watched her over from afar. Like right now, he is watching her working from the rooftop of the building in front of the café.

Even when she is walking home from work that day, he follows before he senses someone else trailing her from behind. As he sees the right moment to catch the man, he sprints and pushes the man to the ground. Chaeyoung is startled herself as she sees what happened in front of her.

"Get yourself away from her.", Jungkook said nicely even though he is angry with the man. "The heck!", the man said before running away. Chaeyoung thanked Jungkook and he asked her if she is okay. "I'm fine. Bye, Jungkook.", she said before walking off.

Jungkook feels weird with her reaction and called her to stop but she kept walking. He almost uses his sprint power but he remembered that he cannot do that in front of her. So, he just watched her leaving him alone there.

******

"Is she avoiding me? But...why?", Jungkook asked himself as he gets home. "It can't be because I didn't contact her for a week.", he thought.

******

Chaeyoung remembered about what happened to her when she walked home that evening in her room. She sat on the chair at her study table and thought of Jungkook. "Why he suddenly come? Why did he always come in a sudden?", she thought.

Then, her phone made a sound of message incoming. She opened it and saw Jungkook's name as the sender.

'Hey, you okay? I'm sorry I didn't contact you for a week. Are you mad for that?' - The content of the text Jungkook sent her.

She looked at it and considered whether to reply it or not. She was not mad for him not contacting her instead she is glad. Why? Because she did not want to meet him again.

*** Flashback on the day Jungkook sent her home by driving his Audi ***

Jooyeon went to Chaeyoung's room and found her getting ready to take a bath. Chaeyoung is a bit surprised but she kept being as calm as she can. For a moment, Jooyeon suddenly became nice with her when she sat at the bed with Chaeyoung.

"Chaeyoung, I don't want to scold you or anything. So please put that scaredy-cat face away, okay?", she said while caressing Chaeyoung's face. "Why...you come in here?", Chaeyoung asked as she is feeling something fishy already.

Jooyeon then, asked her if she has been to Jungkook's house and she shook her head. She asked why and Jooyeon said that she should go to see if the house is as expensive as his car. At that time, Chaeyoung knew that Jooyeon has a bad intention with her and Jungkook's relationship.

"Chaeyoung, be a good girlfriend to him. Just do what he tells you, okay?", Jooyeon said. "Why are you saying all these to me?", Chaeyoung asked. Jooyeon said that Jungkook can be a big opportunity for their family to be rich so she needs Chaeyoung to do as she says.

"I won't betray his love for me. Even if we're together, I won't take what's his. I am not that kind of person.", Chaeyoung bravely said while standing up from the bed. Jooyeon also stood up and pushed Chaeyoung's shoulder as she got angry with her.

"Yah! Just do as I say if you want your life to be better. You got him, you got his wealth, give me some and your life will be just good! Don't you get it?!", she said angrily.

"If that's how you're going to be good with me, I'll never do it. I'd rather break up with him.", Chaeyoung said before walking to the bathroom quickly and locked it. Jooyeon knocked the door several times while shouting at Chaeyoung. After some time, she stopped and left the room.

Inside the bathroom, Chaeyoung could just sit down while resting her head on her knees. Her eyes are teary but she holds it from falling. She could not accept how Jooyeon is meddling in her relationship with Jungkook.

***End of Flashback***

"I'm sorry, Jungkook. I can't...get in touch with you anymore.", she said before deleting the text without replying it.

******

Jungkook has made up his mind. He needs to go to Chaeyoung's house. Only then he will know why Chaeyoung has been ignoring him that way. "There must be something going on.", Jungkook says before looking at the wall that he carved a line on it. The line shows the amount of his victims.

He remembered that he has to get a drink that night. Yes, drink a BLOOD. His routine every week since he turned vampire. Looking at the line, he decided to go find his victim and left the house at that exact moment.

******

He wakes up that morning and gets ready to go out. He has to watch Chaeyoung from her leaving for work till she got home in the evening of that day. Only then, he will show up in front of her to ask her what is going on. That is his plan for the day.